BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enter Gunnar, Exit Brown Or Enckelman?

Almost finalised the plans for moving to Lux, Simon. Should be at the London matches starting September/October.

RoversFanUSA, will send you (and our other American brethren) a PM regarding end of season plans - keep the last home game weekend open.

I don't understand what case you actually had??

No one challenged you or asked you to come up with a little piece of trivia and then to come out with a downright ignominious comment on how you judge a keeper? Are you even a season-ticket holder or do know how to judge a keeper, apart from looking at stats and the clean sheets he's kept??

Enks has done alright at the club and certainly can't be faulted in the games he played. He hasn't been given the opportunities to play regular football to judge him properly, but I think he will become a very useful player for another club and surprised that not one single club have tried to get him in the last 12 months.

I was at the game against Birmingham (1-1 draw) when we wouldn't have had the most concrete of defences and only for Brad that season, he really got us to where we did. Enckelman pulled off two fine saves in the match and only for him we could have lost more revenue as we could have slipped further down the table by dropping a point. The goal he conceded was the defences fault as Stern John was allowed a free header due to poor marking.

The game before this, was his debut away to Spurs when Rovers were on a superb run. Enckelman was drafted in due to Brad's only real injury at the club. From memory he again served his purpose and again made a few saves in this one.

At the end of the day, he's no Brad and for that fact no other goalkeeper we've had at Rovers would be fit to put on the Big Americans glove, but it will never take away from the fact that Enckelman is a sound keeper.

I think most Rovers fans think Enckleman is sh*te.

Almost finalised the plans for moving to Lux, Simon. Should be at the London matches starting September/October.

RoversFanUSA, will send you (and our other American brethren) a PM regarding end of season plans - keep the last home game weekend open.

Good man American. Good to see that you are nearly settled in Luxembourg and hope the move pulls off ofr your family. I thought it was quality meeting up the last time, but definitely we'll have to get an American team sorted. I'm sure we'll be able to do our home work and begin to organise things and have the weekend finalised for January, in order to cut down the cost of travelling for long distance fans, such as yourselves.

It doesn't neccessarily have to be set in stone for the last final HOME league game of the season, as the league will be brought to a halt when we travel to Birmingham for the last game. However the weekend of Saturday 19th sounds to be ideal, as we entertain Man Utd during that weekend. The last home game is against Derby County on Saturday 3rd May, but we can discuss then.

RIGHT BACK WITH THE TOPIC.

I think everyone now agrees that Enckelman is back, backup keeper now, lol.

I think most Rovers fans think Enckleman is sh*te.

Aye, the ones like yourself who read stats from books or on the web and then decide if he's any sort of goalkeeper.

Take a wee spin down to Ewood and maybe you will be able to judge players, apart from reading reviews or as the above statement. Very saddened to see that you spelling still hasn't improved.

Youngsters..... they never learn.

:wstu:

Apparantly it's a sign of being clever and since when did it matter on this site anyway? :angry:

Cos we write in the English language here?

I know exactly what groo means. I'm a goalkeeper too so I pay a little more attention to the things they do, and IMO Enckelman is far from "sh*te". He just isn't as good as Brad. Let's face it, Jason Brown could spend the next three years on the bench and then leave. Would that make him @#/??

Enckelman is judged on the fact that he looked a clown in that Brum game. If he kept goal for us I would be confident he could do a good job. His problem has always been that Brad Friedel is one of the best goalies around. As for his ambition, well that's his perogative, but it doesn't change his talent.

Most Rovers fans would agree he's @#/?? How would they know? They've never seen him.

On topic, Nielsen is nowhere near ready for reserve team football nevermind the first team, he is just raw talent that we have picked up on the cheap before anyone else got the chance to get him and mould him as a player. With Brad at the club and a striker like Benni to work with, he couldn't ask for much more to help learn his trade. Brad can provide all his knowledge and experience and Benni will need a keeper for one on one training sessions as many teams use their younger keepers with their top strikers in these sort of sessions after training to work on the sharpness of the striker and to teach the young keeper certain aspects of the game at a higher level.

IMO i don't even think we'll ever see this kid pull on a shirt in the first team and if we do, it won't be for at least about 3/4 years time. Reserves at best i am thinking as even in an injury crisis we would need Brad, Brown & Enks to be injured and then we'd get dispensation from the Prem to sign a keeper as Sparky would never send Fielding into the game with Nielsen has number two.

I do write in English, groo is moaning about two letters in a name the wrong way round. :huh:

I'm just saying my opinion, sorry if it offended anyone. I don't want to have an argument. :(

Not to worry, some people just have to go to great lengths to prove how irritatingly pedantic they can be over a typo.

As for this thread, it's really for the manager to decide which player is best suited for first team action. It's just good to know that he's got plenty to choose from.

Archived