BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's All Do The Samba!

ni_rover

This giant is a genuis. What a flippin bargain he was. He is the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah he does make the odd mistake but most top players do.

Man U can have their Rio and Chelsea can have their Terry but i'll have big Chris any day. Give him the Captains Armband because this man has authority.

Another one or two players like this at the back and we would be invincible lol. Wot you all think of him?

This giant is a genuis. What a flippin bargain he was. He is the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah he does make the odd mistake but most top players do.

Man U can have their Rio and Chelsea can have their Terry but i'll have big Chris any day. Give him the Captains Armband because this man has authority.

Another one or two players like this at the back and we would be invincible lol. Wot you all think of him?

I would have agreed - but the last few weeks he's been rubbish in fairness. Hopefully just a temporary loss of form rather than a Pedersen style confidence crisis.

Maybe it's cause it's early in the morning and my sarcasm-detector isn't working...

but are you jocking? He's terrible. He had a few games in which he played full confidence, grabbed a goal and everyone sang his praises, but he makes so many mistakes every game it's just not worth it. In the last few games we've payed for this. A defender's main responsibility is to provide security at the back, something which he is far from. Him and Nielsen hold the biggest fault for yesterday's major disappointment. I'd much rather we start with Zurab-Ooijer (when fit) and see what they can do.

Maybe it's cause it's early in the morning and my sarcasm-detector isn't working...

but are you jocking? He's terrible. He had a few games in which he played full confidence, grabbed a goal and everyone sang his praises, but he makes so many mistakes every game it's just not worth it. In the last few games we've payed for this. A defender's main responsibility is to provide security at the back, something which he is far from. Him and Nielsen hold the biggest fault for yesterday's major disappointment. I'd much rather we start with Zurab-Ooijer (when fit) and see what they can do.

he had a bad game last night i agree, but the big man has a great future and i think a big club will come calling for him very soon, which i am sad to say

Ha ha I don't agree mate. Our centre pairing off Nelson and Samba is great. Injuries have jsut upset it recently.

Man U can have their Rio and Chelsea can have their Terry but i'll have big Chris any day.

Samba has all the necessary physical and techincal skills to be a great defender, but lacks the positioning and decision-making ability. He might improve on that, and even if not he's well worth the £400k, but he's nowhere near Rio or Terry. I'd take several players even outside the top teams ahead of him. There's potential, but not the finished product. I would put some of the errors recently down to fitness, he doesn't look as sharp as he used to. Which is why it baffles me that Zurab has played so little. Giving Samba a couple of weeks off would've doen him a lot of good I think, and Zurab is well up to the task.

As for Nelsen... I really don't know what's going on. Looks far more sluggish now, conceding needless fouls where he previously used to make clean tackles or just simply be in the right place at the right time. You still see flashes of that, but it would be such a shame if the hamstring injury has essentially ruined his career at this level. We all know what he's capable of, so let's hope there's some truth to the old cliché "Form is temporary; class is permanent".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived