BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I dont know this for sure but I think its the love child of Toca Race Driver which also had bad handling. You would only need to touch the back of another car and you would go into a spin - could be wrong though.

Just played the demo and I know where you are coming from Kamy about the gameplay but that said its not meant to be a perfect simulation racer more one hell of a lot of fun.For me the graphics and damage model simulation are now benchmarks for others to follow,the best to date!.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to bring this back to the top to say that I am loving this game.

Yep I know. I originally didn't give the demo much scope and hated the spin off track at the slightest of touches however, as I said in the metal gear thread that I had to trade that in and there was nothing else at all that I wanted I just grabbed Grid as a driving game should keep you going for a while and I am so glad I did.

Once you get used to the controls its great. No longer do you go skidding off on grass (because you don't hit it) and when someone hits you you learn to control it and it send them slamming them into a wall. I am finding it hard to get bored of too because there are so many different types of tracks - which are put together really well may I add.

One thing I will say is that I know nothing about cars - at all. I can just about tell you the difference between a mini and a Ferrari - well - not quite but you get what I mean. Most car games put me off with the tweaking of a wheel nut here and a change of a steering wheel there to make you go that little bit faster - not here. You just pick a car and race - its great.

If anyone is looking for a driving game I would recommend this one.

I've really enjoyed it as well - against my expectations, as I don't usually go for realistic racers.

I like the way you can drop the difficulty or whack on the assists if you're having trouble with an event. I stick the drift races on the hardest setting, as they seem to be impossible to lose, and the touge races on the easiest.

It makes motor racing seem dirty, dangerous and fast. Shame it doesn't seem to save your lap times, though. I wouldn't mind having a go at some time trials, but you can't do that. Also, it needs more demolition derby races! Great game.

Archived