BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa On The Block.

Some odd goings on at the Veeella.

(hic)

Sorry mods but... well it's a rovers site and our cred. is at stake - keep 'em off like this. (I'll take a verbal -hic)

Bid for Bentley

- finland Tom - Why bid? 'cos wee wunt him and we caaan.'

No - £10m is not his price - it's £17m. (Ask PhillipL to add up the difference if you're struggling- could cost mind- oh no don't 'cos it's muneee e e)

If you really want something you pay the price don't you?- £17m.

(hic - again -)

:)

-Do you actually have any cash - see below.

If you actually read Nicko's thread:

1. It's a ROVEEERRRs thread

2. Bentleeee. We don't mind if he leaves either - but it's 17m quid. Fine we always have replacements (probably signed one already) - who did you have in mind for Barreeeeee. (did we not refuse him under Souey for £2m 'cos the price was too high?). If you fancy something surely you just get it if money means nothing?

3. Or it could be just another odd attempt to unstable our club - if so join Brum...Heh...Newcastle...

PhillipL - sources 'ol man. You're hitting the notes early.

What is Randy Bandy's money in now then and how does he know when to move - he's good at it - too good? Are SEC queries available online? A PM would do wonders for the next generation of Maltese/Blackburnian financiers and sh... a few big clubs up too. B)

Finally. Is it me or have we gone a bit soft recently on southerners? :excl:

Some odd goings on at the Veeella.

(hic)

Sorry mods but... well it's a rovers site and our cred. is at stake - keep 'em off like this. (I'll take a verbal -hic)

Bid for Bentley

- finland Tom - Why bid? 'cos wee wunt him and we caaan.'

No - £10m is not his price - it's £17m. (Ask PhillipL to add up the difference if you're struggling- could cost mind- oh no don't 'cos it's muneee e e)

If you really want something you pay the price don't you?- £17m.

(hic - again -)

:)

-Do you actually have any cash - see below.

If you actually read Nicko's thread:

1. It's a ROVEEERRRs thread

2. Bentleeee. We don't mind if he leaves either - but it's 17m quid. Fine we always have replacements (probably signed one already) - who did you have in mind for Barreeeeee. (did we not refuse him under Souey for £2m 'cos the price was too high?). If you fancy something surely you just get it if money means nothing?

3. Or it could be just another odd attempt to unstable our club - if so join Brum...Heh...Newcastle...

PhillipL - sources 'ol man. You're hitting the notes early.

What is Randy Bandy's money in now then and how does he know when to move - he's good at it - too good? Are SEC queries available online? A PM would do wonders for the next generation of Maltese/Blackburnian financiers and sh... a few big clubs up too. B)

Finally. Is it me or have we gone a bit soft recently on southerners? :excl:

Was the Pub good tonight then?!

Wow what a plank. Yeah we wanted Bentley so we bid for him, even a northerner can grasp that one! We didn't meet the valuation, we didn't want to, so we pulled out. I thought it was well simple and in black and white, we bid a while ago before this recognized 17m thing came out.

If you REALLY want something, you pay for it, clearly we didn't REALLY want Bentley for 17m. I wouldn't either.

Am aware it's a Rovers thread, more of my posts on this site are on Rovers than they are on Villa, and I've stuck to what Nicko said about not asking questions myself about Villa, I just commented on the odd thing he mentioned about us.

As for whatever you got to say about Lerner..lol..I think you'd have him mate.

Wow what a plank. Yeah we wanted Bentley so we bid for him, even a northerner can grasp that one! We didn't meet the valuation, we didn't want to, so we pulled out. I thought it was well simple and in black and white, we bid a while ago before this recognized 17m thing came out.

If you REALLY want something, you pay for it, clearly we didn't REALLY want Bentley for 17m. I wouldn't either.

Am aware it's a Rovers thread, more of my posts on this site are on Rovers than they are on Villa, and I've stuck to what Nicko said about not asking questions myself about Villa, I just commented on the odd thing he mentioned about us.

As for whatever you got to say about Lerner..lol..I think you'd have him mate.

I guess it's a bit like the barry saga really, 'pool bid 12m rejected you guys want 18m for a fellow (like bentley) who is an established england player but who is more defensive (yes attackers cost more), isn't it?

As for "even a northerner can grasp that one! ", please refrain from insults, I think your comment I think you'd have him mate. says it all my friend lol

At the moment Lerner's money is not doing Villa much good though becasue he/ O'Neill seems unable/unwilling to spend much of it. I know he's done the training ground and so on but on actual players you haven't bought anywhere near enough of enough quality to really hope to get into the top4 regularly. So yes, I'd have him but only if he took the locks off his wallet.

Davi(e?)s, Young, Harewood, Petrov...

They've spent quite a bit since he's come in.

But not enough on good enough players to really take them forward. I wouldn't want to spend silly money either but sometimes you get what you pay for. They had the smallest squad last year and have so far lost players this season without replacing them yet. No doubt they will do some business before the transfer window closes but then they really need to. a few injuries would see them fielding a very weak team and with their hopes of getting through into the uefa they are going to be playing more games. We all know how hard it can be playing Thurs and Sun with travelling often to someout of the way place with a full squad. They still don't have one.

Archived