BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's News Ticker

Good work on this rebelmswar...you can see from the number of views that those in a hurry can get up to date thanks to this thread and are doing so in big numbers.

Many cannot read through all the pages when they log on so for those in a hurry this is a lifeline. Well done!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SABLE - Doing ok in games and training.

ANNAN - Doing well in training.

Decision time on both soon.

ROQUE 2 - Thanks to the PMer for the tip on that, sadly could not find out anything about him before the story broke. Good idea to bring the kid in for company - not sure he is good enough.

BENNI AND GALATASARAY - No idea, but possible.

PENNANT - Liverpool want to sell, you might have to watch this space.

MAN CITY PROBLEMS - Told you.

ANNAN - He had an elbow injury but is ok. However I know he has made a good impression.

SABLE - Neat and tidy player.

It is possible both could sign, it would not cost much.

Not exactly star names, but possibly younger and better than some current squad men.

Hopefully if Annan is impressing then we will sign him this week - Nicko when is a decision needed by?

Any more news on Pennant? How much is he available for?

I think if we can come out of the window signing Annan, Pennant, Robbo, Simpson & Villanueva & Maybe Sable with only losing Brad & Bentley then we are a much stronger side.

I think the Annan decision will be quite quick. There are other clubs around Europe who like him. I don't think it's too expensive.

Sable is easier still. Loan with a view.

If they sign BOTH it could end the Andrews discussions, which are STILL going on.

And what about the right side? Pennant still the main man, whats the price?

Not sure he ever was - or should be.

However if the price is right [around £3-3.5 million] that could happen.

Why? They aren't the same type of player.

I don't think you can be signing too many 'experimental' players - they are similar in that. And I don't think either has the Premier League physique that you would ideally want.

This side is shaping up as a bit lightweight. Potentially exciting, but there are no brutalisers in the midfield.

Are we actively looking to offload anyone Nicko?

I think a lot of players will just be simply squeezed out when the new players arrive and bed in.

Mokoena and Tugay would be obvious. Vogel will also be under pressure.

However, the signings have yet to be made - so let's not be too hasty.

QUOTE (AussieinUk @ Aug 6 2008, 11:30 )

Any news on the defender Paul Baysse?

I know he was puzzled when Simpson was signed - he thought he was coming as a possible right back. He can also play centre half, but he thought he would have a chance of playing at full back.

Nicko,

Are the players on trial at the moment from Ince's own list or are they from previous ones handed to JW by MH?

Annan has been on the radar for over a year.

Sable is new.

Bassye is new.

Roque Junior has been around for months...odd one that.

By the way, no-one questioned my claims that Man City are skint today? How peculiar. :lol:

Hey Nicko, what is the deal with Cruz Junior. Genuinely talented or just a way to tie Rocky to the club?

And does the signing of more "budget" defensive midfielders suggest we are going to go hollywood on a right winger? Any names being bandied about?

The Santa Cruz thing is quite a good idea...but would go out of the window if a big club got their cash out for Roque nonetheless.

As for the new arrivals, etc...I liked that 'try before you buy' line the other day.

And I am sure the Trustees will be happy if the money goes to cut the debts.

The 'Trustees to dig deep for £3 million input' story came out as a response to the story about the latest would-be bidders refusing the meet the Trustees over-valuation of the club.

It had nothing to do with the new manager.

This is from the Manchester Evening News on City...I can't stop smiling.

I don't think Roque is going there. Do you?

The issue is frozen money and whether any of it can be used on team rebuilding. Not many of the deals that have happened over the last 12 months involve British players because those fees have to be paid within a year.

Eriksson's replacement as manager Mark Hughes - ironically the original recommendation by Wardle to Thaksin before the appointment of Swede Eriksson - had little to do with the signing of the club's record buy Brazilian Jo.

The deal for him with CSKA Moscow involved a small down- payment believed to be £4m with the rest spread out over future seasons.

NICKO

saturday's game against breda , will there be any new faces in before then? will carlos be fit enough to play?

Annan maybe.

Sable - possible trial game.

Villanueva - probably best to keep him away from his mates if he has chicken pox.

But you will probably see Robinson, Simpson and Fowler if you are lucky.

Nicko - any news of the new reserve coach/manager yet? What's the latest with Cisse, he was a strong target this close season for the last regime, and his pace would still be a good asset surely? Just needs lots of Farleys Rusks for his calcium levels.

No word on the coach.

And there will be no bid for Cisse.

According to this article Hughes doesn't know anything about Corluka leaving. He says he'll have to look into it!

Strange state of affairs Nicko?

Not if you had been reading these threads...excatly as predicted and outlined.

Don't remember you saying that deals, apart from Jo, were being done behind Hughes' back.

I said Jo wasn't his idea - neither was Ronaldinho. Not sure Ben Haim was either.

And I have said until I am blue in the face that there are huge financial problems at the place.

Check back if you feel the need.

i have a question about Villanueva... its probably pretty stupid though.

We have him on loan which means we'll just be paying his wages. And those wages are the wages he's paid in Chile. Surely Chilean players dont get paid very much (judging by what his teams stadium looked like), so how is he going to live over here on rubbish wages?

Will we be paying him extra to play for us?

Yes, quite a decent wage - but nowhere near nornal Premier League levels.

I hope he doesn't ask around... ;)

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...overs_contract/

Is this right Nicko? Sounds like good news...

From the ever reliable and utterly sound source that is SSN ;)http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3941082,00.html

Annan is here and has a chance of signing.

But there is no decision yet.

Nicko - Do you know if all of our transfer targets are looking to be signed before the season opener against Everton?

With 10 days to go and still some key positions to fill, I just dont think they will all go through in time..

There should be answers on Annan, Sable, Bassye and maybe even Fowler by the end of the week.

Once that is sorted then it's probably two 'money' buys by the end of the month.

Before the Everton game? Touch and go.

No need to get angry. We all know that Jo and Ronaldinho were being negotiated before Hughes went, that was common knowledge.

That's totally different to what I was asking about, are players being sold behind Hughes' back?

I wasn't getting angry...you would know if that happened. :lol:

What I was saying is that Man City don't have the money they claim to have. It is not what Hughes signed up for when he read the brochure.

Corluka is being offered around behind the scenes...

And he is NOT the only one.

I would think the 'strongest team' by the end of the month will look like this:

Robinson

SIMPSON -Nelsen-Samba-Warnock

EMERTON -Annan- AN OTHER - VILLANUEVA - Pedersen

Santa Cruz.

The AN OTHER is the intriguing one.

Nicko, we all know Owen's contract is expiring soon, if he doesn't sign a new one, would you expect to see the big four come in for him again or not due to his age and injury history, would he be tempted by a move to Rovers do you feel if the money was right? Wonder how Ince and Owen got on in their Liverpool days. People might think that he wouldn't want to come to us but I still feel were a better side than Newcastle this year, we definitely were next year. If the big four don't want him then his likely options could well involve us or a move abroad again, which we all know didn't work out too well for him last time.

Owen's wages are ridiculous. That won't happen.

nicko-everton are saying they should be signing a player very soon-any idea who????

apparntly paul ince isnt happy with the shape of benni mcarthy-maybe he could get rid and bring someone else in..

Everton are still hopeful on Moutinho and M'Bia...but we have heard all of this before.

Selling McCarthy would certainly bring in some more cash.

I am surprised no one has asked Nicko, so I will:

You said : "The AN OTHER is the intriguing one." Do we have any targets in mind?

I think that is THE area that is being concentrated on...and I don't think the club knows who that is yet.

The news - delayed by the usual Man U post-match tourist traffic.

Sunderland want Benni McCarthy, trying to get in ahead of Galatasaray who are genuinely interested. They have the money to make this happen and McCarthy may fancy it. It's a novel twist and the money would be handy to find a striker.

No word at Man U about Roque...they will try for Berbatov until time runs out. Anyway the Roonster may be back sooner than expected.

Wonder where a McCarthy sale leaves Robbie?

Still waiting on Annan and Sable news. I suspect one or the other will sign.

And for Villa fans...Shorey has a medical tomorrow morning and Luke Young may follow soon after.

Rovers will not buy Andrews because of the price on his head...they tried and have stepped back.

That is why MK Dons have said what they have said today.

MCCARTHY - Will depend on the price...and the cost of a top replacement.

ANNAN - Looks likely.

WARNOCK - Don't think Newcastle will pay the fee.

Nicko, any clue of Benni´s price? £7 would be a robbery. And you stepped over Pennant..any news on him?

I believe Sunderland would pay £7 million...it could come down to the cost of a replacement.

Pennant's price is still too high. Not sure he is the answer anyway.

ANNAN - I think the price is about £1.5 million.

MCCARTHY - Waiting to see the colour of Sunderland's money as we speak.

Everton signing Alan Smith tomorrow...poor business.

Middlesbrough to sign Justin Hoyte from Arsenal...Danny Simpson starting to look even more like a good idea.

What makes you say that Nicko? I've always thought Hoyte to be a very good player, actually I think I'd prefer him to Simpson.

Hoyte at around £3 million...Simpson on loan for a year with a big chance of getting him for less...I fancy the Man U kid more.

After watching the Brazilian Da Silva briefly last night I suspect Danny Boy could be on his way from Man U permanently.

Nicko, are Blackburn looking at any replacements for Benni or not?

7 million is a good offer for someone who is a bit too lazy to be consistent and is on the wrong side of 30. Possibly his best days are behind him...

But who could we get in? It must be someone from abroad if we want value for money.

I think they have a player in mind...but I believe he is going elsewhere.

Galatasaray have a deadline to meet tomorrow while Sunderland are yet to put a bid on the table despite making calls to say they will. I think one is likely to come in though.

Not any type of o'clocker...

Just the Everton signing, Boro's new right back and the likely deal for Annan to report in the morning.

Nothing startling.

ALAN SMITH FEE -Described to me as 'cheap' but I believe it is about £3 million which is still about £3 million too much. Keegan doesn't know what is happening at the club. The owner just wants to slash the wage bill. I can see Owen moving too if anyone comes up with an offer.

MCCARTHY - Could be news tomorrow because of the Galatasaray deadline. I don't think they will come up with money. But I think Sunderland will.

ANNAN - It's obvious his club Start want a sale. I think this one is looking very likely.

FOWLER - Watching to see if he plays on Saturday. It would make sense. If he scores then it justifies giving him a contract.

Peculiar things all over the place.

My Norwegian man says Annan has left Rovers...without signing. This will have to be explained.

McCarthy and Everton? Not likely and not at £7 million I would suggest.

However the interest in a replacement striker is 'live.' Not naming this guy yet.

Decisions on Fowler and Sable shortly.

Pennant is definitely being offered...but nothing seems to hbe noving too fast on that one.

It's all a bit strange just now.

Annan was due to sign yesterday.

He didn't.

Why?

That's what I'm trying to find out.

This 'we will watch him in a game' stuff sounds like tripe to me.

Something has changed in the last 24 hours...not got the whole picture yet.

Nicko is the Gorilla at Long Leat and he has Sky Sports News installed in his house.

(that is actually true I've seen the big cute ape)

Outed.

By the way, your Algerian may have some truth in it...I did say last week that the chief scout was at a game in Greece a week ago.

I think this story is out because they are playing tonight and Bolton are watching. The proverbial shop window.

ALAN SMITH - I raised it, so I will let the guy know...you are playing them next week...IS due to sign. Everton may have THREE new faces by next Saturday.

This is getting busy.

Apparently we're "desperate" to keep benni and thus Sunderland will go fro Doyle, any truth?

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=33469

Sunderland have been offered Doyle before - and did not bite. I believe they still want Benni.

Roy Keane on the subject of signings - including Benni I would suggest:

"The way things are going, we probably won't be signing anybody ... not considering some of the prices that have been mentioned to us over the last few days.

"We won't get sucked into any kind of auction with other clubs.

"We've had chats with one or two clubs about different players because, as I've said, there are still three positions I want to strengthen."

Nicko, is Makukula a possible replacement for Benni?

Or Cardozo?

Someone mentioned Moutinho. Everton want him, Sporting want 25 million € for him.

Hull looked at Makukula and were not sure.

Cardozo is class.

Moutinho is an awful lot of money...but likely to go to Everton nonetheless.

There will be an 11 o'clocker tonight...and it might be worth the wait.

Updates on Annan, Sable, Bassye and an old friend.

;)

Nicko you tease...

Anything on potential right wing targets?

Pennant is on that list, but it's a matter of getting the right price.

And hoping something better comes along in the meantime.

Is it good news Nicko?

Good news for some, bad news for others...leave it until later for the full picture.

question for nicko for when you get round to it, is zigic really off to stoke? because man that would be some signing for them!

Stoke are in Valencia, trying to do that deal.

It's not done by any means.

The 11 o'clocker comes out of the stalls quickly...which is more than can be said for half-a-dozen nags tonight.

ANNAN - Rovers tried to take him on LOAN after a full-time deal was set up. The kid went home in the huff. Arsenal DO want him next week and he may well sign. He can go for £1.5 million and Wenger thinks it is worth a punt. The player wanted to sign for Rovers...but felt let down.

SABLE - Thanks but no thanks. He is going.

BASSYE - Been here for some time and still waiting on an answer.

OLD FRIEND - Yes, Keith Andrews is back on the hit list and I believe the manager wants him badly...which might explain Annan and Sable not signing.

FOWLER - Some doubt whether he plays tomorrow.

MCCARTHY - Sunderland still to bid, but thinking about it.

MCCARTHY'S REPLACEMENT - That one is going to have to keep until Sunday and the soaraway People.

WARNOCK - Staying. Newcastle scared off.

MAN CITY - World War Three to break out over the sale of Corluka...

ANNAN - Let's get it right. The manager has seen him in training and made an opinion. Has anyone else SEEN him at that close range? If he is unsure, so be it.

ANDREWS - Again the manager has worked with him and rates him...a manager has to manage - whether you agree with his decisions or not.

LOANS - When you take a player 'on loan' from an foreign club it is, in fact, an international transfer. The 'loans' being talked about in those rules are for domestic loans. You only have one of those in Simpson. Villanueva is an international transfer. Annan would have been too...why else would the manager suggest it. It is HIS idea, not mine.

nicko have we or have we not blown it with Annan ?.

As it stands Annan is heading for Arsenal next week...to sign, not to trial. Unless he fancies one of the foreign clubs after him.

It's either you or JW, if you know more than him we really are in TROUBLE :o

How often do I have to tell you...international transfers are not counted as loan transfers in this rule.

Check back a couple of weeks to your 'you must be lying about Robinson, Friedel and Bentley' routine while you are at it.

I complained a while ago about the negative slant to most of nicko's postings and I note that after getting the messageboard in an absolute lather over so called developments with Warnock he has conceded in one of his posts today that there is nothing happening there.

You don't half talks some rot.

What was 'negative' about the Danny Simpson, Carlos Villanueva or Paul Robinson signings?

The truth is Annan came, was due to sign and then given a custard pie with a 'loan' suggestion. The truth is Sable came and went. The truth is that the manager wants Keith Andrews.

That's what's happened and is happening.

The whining you hear is in your own head.

See a doctor.

Nicko, anything on the Santa Cruz to Villa story?

I know where that story came from...and it's either someone being incredibly indiscreet or a bogus leak to 'nail' a mole.

Not sure which yet.

Nicko - anything in the Jimmy Bullard link to us in The Times?

Decent player, but he'd probably cost a bit.

Bullard wants a pay rise at Fulham...

And if it did come round it would be SOME medical.

Nicko- are there are a lack of funds at Rovers as we seem to be wanting loan deals for everything!

It is worrying as we should have £10 million from Bents+ whatever transfer funds were available at the start of the season.

Are there any players that would excite us on the potential target lists?

There is money, but there is also a 'safety first' tactic right now.

I can understand taking players in on loan if there are question marks over them.

Obviously in the case of Annan the manager was not sure about him.

You might recall that a week ago Paul Ince said he was 'looking to bring some loans in' which is also what I had heard was happening on the grapevine.

There is no problem with that - but it CAN cost you deals if another club steps in.

As for targets, I will name the striker you are after tomorrow...and this will no doubt greeted with wailing and groaning plus polite applause in some quarters.

You can't please everyone. So you've got to please yourself.

As someone once wrote.

Is there any truth that with the link Anatoliy Tymoschuk nicko?

Not heard that one.

But he is 29, just won the UEFA Cup and is about to play in the Champions League for a wealthy club.

So - off the top of my head - I would say that is unlikely.

Nicko,you mentioned the other day that Alan Smith was going to Everton.Do you know what is happening with regards to that?(hoping against hope that he isn`t the Rovers target that you mentioned :wacko: )

The price is as good as agreed...

But the wages are a problem. He is on a fortune.

I think Moyes wants to land a star name first and sneak in Smith at the same time.

Are you gonna be unveiling the striker name in the 11 0' clocker nicko?

In advance, apologies for all the people who get offended with this question but I wasn't sure if Nicko was waiting for tomorrow to reveal this.

An 11 o'clocker sounds about right.

LOANS - Checked out with a Premier League chairman and a leading scout I met at a game today...foreign arrivals are classed as international transfers and NOT loans - even if the player only comes for a year...THEREFORE you can sign as many as you want from other countries but only TWO within England.

GAP.CLOSING? - Not on today's evidence at Sheffield Wednesday. Mind you, there are two ways to close a gap.

11 O'CLOCKER - Some news on the midfield situation - and might as well name the striker.

Just a random question Nicko, have you ever made a story up? Most other Journos are full of crap and make up a load of sh*t most the time. Wondering if you had ever done that?

Of course...every day...

Anyway, far more amusing.

Man City in total turmoil. Corluka has been recalled from Tottenham - where he went yesterday - because Shinawatra wants more money. This guy does not know the rules.

Ireland will be sold in the next few days too.

Not sure Sparky has done the after-match press...he must be wondering what to say about this mess.

Stay well clear of Ireland, the lad is a nut job!!!! Can't wait to see the fireworks with Keane when/if he goes to the North East :P

You might not have long to wait...

SIGNINGS - Andrews is THE priority...Paul Ince wants him and wants him this week...I think this will happen.

ANNAN - Due in at Arsenal this week, but his current club Stabaek have a European game in midweek - so Wenger needs to act fast. I think he is now off the Rovers radar after the 'loan' suggestion.

STRIKER - Watching Nicola Zigic at Valencia. Found out by accident. Stoke City went over to do the deal with Valencia and were knocked back, my Spanish source tells me they were informed that Rovers are the main rival...but only want him if Sunderland make a big offer for Benni. Hear mixed reports on this guy. He is huge, but some reckon he woud make a better basketball player. Still, it's not for me to judge. Rovers watched him play as a sub at Newcastle today. Don't know if he got on. Would have been hard to miss.

ROQUE - NO bid from Villa. Yet.

MAN CITY - Like I say, carnage.

EVERTON - About to sign a striker...Vagner Love from CSKA Moscow. Trying to get him before they meet you at the weekend. From Russia With Love? You couldn't make these things up. Although apparently I do... :lol:

Do you think Roque fancies a move to villa Nicko? when do you think they will bid?

I hope he doesn't...it's a sideways step. But I believe Villa fancy him and MAY make an offer.

These are very strange times. Posisbly the strangest I have ever known.

Always thought this was a porn star name if ever there was one. Can just imagine that moniker belonging to one of our Teutonic cousins with a Rudi Voller-perm, shirt tied in a knot at waist, in one of them Swedish leisure videos.

Nicko, we was linked with Zigic start of last season - any ideas how far this went? Was it more that he's keen to come to Premiership (isn't everyone?).

If Andrews is such a nailed-on as you've always said, what's the problem with the deal? I don't buy into the board (or whoever) being all considerate of our feelings, and dissatisfaction - gives em too much credit! If they worked like that we'd never have bought Matty Holmes - even his own cousin said he was crap - and we'd just won the freakin title then....

Cheers for the updates though

I think you need to get out more, judging by the first par.

Zigic has been watched by everyone but seems to be causing a lot of interest at Rovers right now.

Andrews is more expensive than expected, that is why it was held up, but after close scrutiny of the options - Castillo and Annan - it has gone back to him. I still think there is some reluctance by the money men to make this a 'star' signing. But you HAVE to back the manager.

Otherwise there is no point in him being there.

VALENCIA: Hildebrand, Albiol (Fernandes 59), Abelda (Edu 74), Baraja (Ruano 59), Morientes (Villa 46), Panadero (Manuel 74), Helguera (Navarro 67), Joaquin (Dominguez 46), Silva (Miguel 46), Garcia, Moretti.

So it doesn't look like Zigic got on.

Not sure if that is good news or bad.

Zigic IS available but the price for a loan fee or an out-and-out buy is pretty large too.

nicko.

how is the deal with annan going to arse this week?

Start want a bidding war. they claim no bid has been made. he cannot go on trial. he is on loan already. plesae explain. it most certainly do not add up.

Annan has just been on trial...at Blackburn.

He is due over at Arsenal this week. The exact date of arrival has not been sorted out yet. Stabaek have the UEFA Cup game, so they won't want it t happen before then...so it's down to Wenger to say 'bring him in.'

VAGNER LOVE...is a loan deal with a view to a permanent signing, by the way.

Somebody asked earlier.

nicko, slightly off topic but whats the deal with gareth barry after tonights press release by liverpool?

I am bored stiff with this one.

Liverpool want him - Barry wants to go - Villa want the money now.

Now it's a matter of Liverpool selling a couple of make way for a new arrival and get some cash in.

I've got to say I don't see why Benitez needs him unless Alonso is going.

But nothing in football these days makes much sense.

Roque is going nowhere, so why do you stir up disquiet, by mentioning something that hasn't happened?

You could equally mention that none of the other 18 Premier League clubs have bid for him either.

What day was it Warnock signed for Newcastle again by the way?

Really don't understand your agenda recently.

I didn't break the Roque story, it would have been very easy to say it's rubbish and trash anothe newspaper.

But after making calls yesterday I have established that O'Neill is dreaming about trying this.

I am not sure that he will pull it off...if Rovers have any sense they won't sell. I think you will see - if you get the glasses on - that I described it as a 'sideways step.' Did you miss that one? Again?

And are you trying to tell me Newcastle United didn't bid TWICE - at least - for Warnock?

Get a grip.

Nicko - apparently Arsenal are going to turn their attentions to Johnson for £8m from city - surely this would end the Annan interest?

Apparently the club are going to watch him on sunday, and his performance is what will decide the value. They want £2.5m euros and we only want to pay £1.4m euros upfront.

Johnson's agent is trying to get Arsenal interested.

Rats leaving sinking ships etc.

Wenger wants Inler and Annan...

but stabæk have no say in this. Start own him. they have said he CANNOT go on trial anywhere else. they have told every interrested party to watch him this weekend. and no bid have been made, if Svein mathisen is to be trusted - which he is.

annan is on loan. start need money, and want a bid-war. if arse have made a bid Start would have made sure it was known all over europe.

and the "annan is wanted by arse" is agent talk. svein mathisen said "some agent told me arsenal wants him"

i have a feeling your norwegian source is doing a poor job.

Start own the player and want to sell. They have big bids already in.

Stabaek do have a say as they are paying his wages. They are entitled to expect him to play in Europe this week.

Arsenal HAVE to move in fast - and that is why THEY have contacted Start through an agent they use a lot of the time.

Annan would rather NOT go to Arsenal as he would be in the squad and not playing in all probability. He wanted to come to Rovers, which is why he came over on trial.

My Norwegian source seemed to have been on the money about Annan going home from Rovers in a huff when they moved the goalposts and suggested a loan...and he assures me that the Arsenal thing is very real.

My Norwegian source also heard - and has been proved correct from calls I have made - that the manager wants Keith Andrews.

Is this the same Norwegian contact that said "Annan is heading for Arsenal next week...to sign, not to trial"? Although you haven't explicitly said it yourself, it now seems that if this Arsenal stuff is true he will be going on trial. If your contact was wrong about that is it not possible he is wrong about more?

You again...sorted out that 'two loan players' garbage yet?

Wenger wants to see Annan in the flesh before he buys him. It will not be an extended trial, it would be for one day. If the player is happy with that arrangement it will happen...and that will be very soon.

Nicko - you heard anything in Fletcher to Everton deal?

I think Smith is more likely...cheaper and available.

Love, Smith and probably Moutinho by the weekend. M'Bia possibly signing but I believe he is at the Olympics, so he would not sign in time.

If he is then Annan better take that with a bit of respect and stop huffing and puffing.

What does that mean?

The kid came over here, thought he was signing, read that the chairman was feeling the love for him...and was then told it was only going to be a loan.

If he's not what the manager wants, fair enough. But don't blame the kid for being upset that his move didn't come off for him.

This Arsenal thing was rumbling while he was over - and he STILL wanted to play for Rovers. He's not being childish, he is reacting as most people would.

Nicko, what is the deal here? First Castillo and now Annan. What is it with our communications that seems so unorganised? Nobody appears to have a clue about anything.

Castillo came over, thinking he was signing and then found out it was a trial. He was basically turned down after a couple of days.

Annan came over, thought he was joining and then was offered a loan after three days.

I can understand a 'sifting through' process - and you do need to be sure about deals - but if it happens too often then players will be wary of dealing with the club.

It's not a lack of communication. But a bit of lack of respect.

No I'm still waiting for David Bentley to sign that new contract as you claimed would happen fifty times ;)

MCard.jpg

:lol: Oh come on nicko you love me really

Bentley was happy to stay until his head was turned. Why else were your club offering him a new contract for so long and, quite rightly, claiming they were making progress on it. They were.

As for point two...I think you know the answer to that. :lol:

just one thing... If arsenal have made a huge bid, why do start say they have no received any bid? And how big was the bid?

This will all be sorted around 9 o'clock.

There IS a club who have made a large bid...but it's neither Rovers nor Arsenal.

And I hope you're right about 9 o'clock.

It's starting to bore me rigid.

lack of respect? please. we all know rovers are one of the best clubs with regards to conducting business.

frankly, if a couple of agents have been spinning a story to you alan, its your choice if you want to believe them.

in any case, even if he did think he was coming and then the club changed their minds - they are perfectly within their rights to do so.

i'm very pleased to hear we are being cautious with our money. we can't afford to waste a single penny.

Neither Castillo nor Pennant stories came from agents.

Rovers contacted Castillo and asked him to come over. He thought he was getting a three-year contract. It turns out it was only a trial.

Annan has been on the Rovers radar since Mark Hughes's time. They fixed it with BOTH of his clubs in Norway for him to come over and sign. It changed.

Respect Nicko? Hmmmmm I wonder if players and their agents actually started showing some respect to

1. Their employers the football clubs

2. to the terms of their footballing contracts

and

3. to the people whom pay their wages on the terraces

whether it might just prompt a bit more respect in the other direction?

Fine, if you are happy to lose out on players by shifting the goalposts and get a name for it, then great...

See where it takes you.

Have you ever admitted to being wrong Alan...... ever? You plainly told us all not to worry that Bentley signing was not a problem and that Brad was completely happy to be at Blackburn Rovers. No matter how many words you wrote after that you have plainly been proven wrong / misinformed. Now I've no probs with that, we all make mistakes ...... it's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils.... but you so easily take umbrage with all and sundry if it's ever pointed out on here. You provide much good info without doubt but just try a little humility sometimes when you are wrong.

Otherwise I might just start keeping a scrap book of your articles which appear in the popular press. :closedeyes:

I knew you were bone-headed, but I didn't have you down as thick.

How many times do we have to go over this?

Bentley and Friedel were happy at your club. Their circumstances changed. Bentley reverted to type and eventually got a move. Brad got a wonder contract at Villa and left.

You had him signing for Man City because he liked the goalkeeping coach.

Feel free to start a scrap book. You obviously have the time.

that was before this week wasnt it. when he could not get the work permit?

yesterday, START said they had not received any bid from anyone. there is interrest from rovers, arse, french and spanish clubs.

why would svein mathisen all of a sudden start lying?

Rovers have been watching Annan for months...since he first came over a year ago. He was asked over just to let the new manager see and give his approval. Check John Williams's very positive quotes. Then, the manager decides to go down another route with both Annan and Keith Andrews - and revert to moving for the MK Dons player.

Start have had an approach from a Spanish side, willing to pay more money than either Rovers or Arsenal were/are talking about. However the player wants to come to England AND play.

Ignore Gordon for now Nicko - Who is making the buy/loan/trial decisions at Ewood?

It's a combination of existing and new targets...and depends on the player in question.

Annan was on the books, had to be checked and then the manager gives a decision.

Castillo was a new name, brought in by the manager - with the chairman doing the arrangements - and the manager ultimately said no thanks.

Villanueva was off DVDs, the chairman does the finances, but the manager made the decision.

Fowler is obviously the manager's decision - as will be whether he stays or not.

Robinson speaks for itself.

Simpson was a bit of a freak of nature.

Andrews will be the manager's decision, but the board will have to back him.

The manager tells the chairman who he wants and the chairman tells him what the cost is - and how it fits.

I believe a manager should ultimately decide who he wants or you have trouble ahead. If he gets it wrong, he gets sacked in time. If the chairman or the board get it wrong, who is accountable?

Hook, line and sinker! Ever heard the term 'Pride comes before a fall'? :lol: Just admit it.... you were wrong at the time. You'll only make it worse for yourself in the long run if you don't. G'wan you'll feel better for it I'm sure.

btw I'm still of the opinion that if Villa had not come in once he'd decided to go that he would be at City. But just like you I'll never know for sure will I?

I will leave you to go down to the golf club and pick up a few more scoops...

Meanwhile I will get stories and info from people in the game.

And Man City would have paid for Brad by what method? Credit card? Mrs S's spare funds? Or borrowed again like they did to nab your manager?

Nicko any news on the RSC front and Villa's supposed interest?

All I heard is that O'Neill is dreaming about having a go. I don't think it will happen, but I would be stupid to ignore the possibility of him throwing lots of money at this.

I know how this story hit the paper on Saturday and thought it was wrong. However there IS interest from Villa - but no bid yet.

As to how it came out...I had better keep that to myself.

Nicko do you have any latest on the Sebastian Larrson saga?

No, I can't see the fuss. Played in a relegated team and rarely shone.

Pennant is more likely, maybe even Lennon.

Rovers might do better to take a long time over this one.

There were four triallists who played for the Academy on Friday last against Hull City. A couple were forwards, one a midfielder and one at left-left. We've already had a few other triallists play for the Academy this pre-season and Tom Denton played for the Reserves at Stalybridge last week. This is normal for the Rovers Academy in pre-season but very few get taken on. I would expect it to be the same with those that I've seen so far.

I heard there were a few South Americans over as well...it's a good thing to bring in lots of players at that level.

But when there is a revolving door at the first team HQ it gets a bit more perplexing.

Archived