BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sit Down If You Love Rovers

You will have noticed that the club always makes an announcement asking away fans to sit down if they are standing.

Okay, if this is the case why cant the same apply to everyone in the BBE...except everyone remains standing.

Whether at football or concerts, I've also felt it would be damn awful to be female, young or simply short!

Not the case, as i have been to loads of rugby matches were terracing is still dearly cherished and the women are just as able as the men to watch the game!

Fine. I trust you've read the article on the official site, and understand the various reasons for the regulations.

Therefore if you get thrown out and your season ticket cancelled you've only yourself to blame.

Okay RM, but what about if the whole of the BBE lower stand up, will rovers eject everyone?? That would start a riot!!

Fine. I trust you've read the article on the official site, and understand the various reasons for the regulations.

Do we want to go down this route?

Given that for some reason is is safe to stand in Barnet , but not in Blackburn?

Gotta love Mr Moynihan.

Okay RM, but what about if the whole of the BBE lower stand up, will rovers eject everyone?? That would start a riot!!

That I would like to see. And they couldn't really ban everyone could they? :lol:

I'm absolutely on the side of those who like to stand, and I would like to see safe standing areas at every ground. I would also like to see decent raised dry disabled areas on every ground (not just a case of shoving them in front of the stand in the rain and saying 'oh, we've got 2,672 disabled spaces, so we have catered for them')

Personally, I have difficulty standing for that length of time so I need to sit for most of the time, but if standing is how you enjoy your football, that is your choice. We go round and round with this, though, because of the reasons in John's article.

When I was at school I did a disability access survey of several areas, and I chose Ewood as one. Me and the teacher both agreed that the Riverside needs some sort of shelter. As far as we both could see (we both had STs), there wasn't any way for wheelchair bound people to get in the BBE. We thought adding a small shelter to the front of the Riverside, close to the hoardings would be the best solution because they would be covered from the rain plus they wouldn't have the issues of people wandering in front. Still, there were issues of whether it was too isolated and people might feel embarrassed/uncomfortable about sitting there under everyone's gaze.

The "standing terraces" for singing and chanting isn't really going to go anywhere.

After Hillsborough (Lord Justice Taylor mentioned that his was the fifth inquiry into disasters at football grounds) there was a complete change of attitude as to how football was policed/stewarded/monitored.

And don't mention the rugby fans as an example. They are rugby fans, we are football fans. You might as well quote badminton fans.

The Taylor Report was a comprehensive one and completely changed the way football fans (ie you and me) were treated.

No more are we herded like a bunch of rabid dogs by policemen on horses into overcrowded pens, surrounded by mesh fences. No more do we have to stand in a slow trickle of urine, because some drunk behind can't be bothered to spend 15 minutes queueing for a go at a brick shed with 5 cracked urinals. And if you were a woman you'd have no chance.

It's all changed, and there's going to be no return. Not for British football fans. You can give examples from Germany if you like, but they didn't have Ibrox, Bradford, Heysel, & Burnden .

here

I don't want to be treated like s41t anymore.

Archived