BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Move The Tv Cameras

As a Riversider who stays until the final whistle I see plenty of people sneaking down the steps in the other 2 home stands - the fact that the main exits are at either side of a big walkway at the front makes the Riversiders more noticable than the others ;)

That reminds me that the Forum had a chat about suggesting whether the club could make those leaving early from the Riverside go out of the back exits so that it wouldn't look so obvious on the tele. As you say it's probably no more people than the other stands (or other grounds) - it's just that it looks so obvious because of the big space at the front. I think we forgot to bring it up at the meeting proper - I'll make sure we ask at the October meeting. I suspect there might be practical difficulties but if you don't ask you don't get.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The big name hotel idea isnt a bad one, also take up some of the space, therefore not having loads of extra empty seats. If we could get the finance we could make the riverside the same height as the jack walker, but with only 5000 seats, maybe a raised disabled area (like Uniteds) and then above that we could have boxes/ hotel rooms.

Would make the stadium look complete and then the club could look to add another jumbo screen between the bbe and jack walker.

How much would all this cost - anyone got any idea??

Here is an exert from a cost model in 1995, the full report is in the link.

I would guess as a rule of thumb you would at least have to treble these figures

Stadium costs

Cost comparisons for stadiums and grandstands are traditionally presented in the form of cost per seat. With the rising importance of hospitality areas, the cost/m2 of these facilities must now also be accounted for.

Cost per seat at today's prices can vary from £250 for the cheapest, single-tier, basic stand, to £2000 for a fully-covered stadium with extensive concourse, hospitality areas and income-generating facilities. According to recent premier and first division schemes, basic, single-terrace stands plus toilets, changing and hospitality boxes cost £650-1100 per seat, with an average of £900.

One of the most interesting of recent schemes is Huddersfield Town's Alfred McAlpine Stadium designed by the Lobb Partnership and engineered by YRM Anthony Hunt Associates. The stadium is based on Lobb's Stadium for the Nineties design study for the Sports Council which recommended a parabolic shape to ensure that no spectator was more than 90m from the centre circle and minimum "C" value of 90mm.

The stands, designed using arched "banana" roof trusses sprung from four quadrapd supports at the corners of the ground, cost £375-400 per seat for basic stands and £880 per seat (at August 1992 prices) for the main stand which housed all changing facilities, offices and hospitatlity areas.

Football Stadia - Cost model, July 1995

Archived