BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Move The Tv Cameras

As we are unlikely to see the development of the Riverside.

One of the things that bugs me with our fine stadium, is the positioning of the main cameras for broadcasting.

As we all now the Riverside is not one of our finer attributes, for the world to see.

As a BBELT, I'm sure of one thing the riversiders get the best overall view of the stadium.

I'm sure they will add there comments.

I often have to watch the PL in Asia, In the eyes of the football supporter watching Rovers live, it does not portray the best image for the club.

So simply could the cameras be located above the Riverside?.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been raised at a few fans forums.

I think even the club think its a good idea, but due to the complexity of the move it would cost a fortune. It wasnt down to safety, but would require a large scale removal of many of the media functions.

I'm sure after your comments, it is something that is under review now and then, or is it.

With the developments in Bluetooth Etc, and other technology that the likes of sky invest in, there must be a way.

If they can broadcast a live reporter, at the other side of the world, Im sure a camera image can be sent across Ewood to the media centre.

The reason they can't be moved isn't a complicated one.

The sun is in the wrong place, and it's easier to move the cameras than the sun ;)

When was the last time Ewood was bathed in sunshine :lol:

Unless something drastic happens (crowds increase such that a new stand becomes economic), there is no chance of this happening. It would simply cost far too much to justify - as well as new gantries and cabling, TV and the rest of the media want to be all in one stand if they can, with ready access to players and managers. They have perfect facilities in the Jack Walker stand. Also, although it's less of an issue now than it was 2 seasons ago, the Jack Walker stand was the one with the most empty seats so would have looked worse to a TV audience.

Unless something drastic happens (crowds increase such that a new stand becomes economic), there is no chance of this happening. It would simply cost far too much to justify - as well as new gantries and cabling, TV and the rest of the media want to be all in one stand if they can, with ready access to players and managers. They have perfect facilities in the Jack Walker stand. Also, although it's less of an issue now than it was 2 seasons ago, the Jack Walker stand was the one with the most empty seats so would have looked worse to a TV audience.

I think we would all agree, to develop the riverside would be the ultimate, but unrealistic, as you say.

TV and the rest of the media, don't need to move, its only the camera position for the ground coverage that need a better location.

I seem to remember when the riverside was re-developed, structural wise it was designed to accommodate future developments.

In theory all it needs is a cantilevered scaffolded gantry above the stand. (back in the old days)

Cabling, well with a bit of planning it could go under the pitch, next time it's dug up, don't they use fiber optics now, or like I said, Bounce it off the satellite. Im not a techie, but I do think these sort of improvements to the clubs image, should be reviewed a constant basis.

why cant the riverside just be given a makeover(pimp my footy ground)? we don't need extra seast just make the place look a bit more premier league, that way it would look better on tv

Like what, it's OK saying give it a make over or pimp it, but it has to serve a purpose, to justify the expenditure.

The only problem with the riverside is that, it's appearance with the rest of the ground, is 2nd division, and gives the impression to the viewer of work in progress. The only ground in the Prem, that I can think of giving a poorer impression to world wide viewers is Fulham, sorry ffan.

Like what, it's OK saying give it a make over or pimp it, but it has to serve a purpose, to justify the expenditure.

The only problem with the riverside is that, it's appearance with the rest of the ground, is 2nd division, and gives the impression to the viewer of work in progress. The only ground in the Prem, that I can think of giving a poorer impression to world wide viewers is Fulham, sorry ffan.

like applying the same theme to the riverside thats applied to the rest of the ground for a start

The riverside needs knocking down and building again - simple.

They need a new stand, with a proper concourse, boxes and then a camera area so we can swap the view around. We just need to find an investor 1st who is willing to pay for it!

and the support to fill it,i sit there myself but i think it would be pointless it would look worse being half empty

I think we would all agree, to develop the riverside would be the ultimate, but unrealistic, as you say.

TV and the rest of the media, don't need to move, its only the camera position for the ground coverage that need a better location.

I seem to remember when the riverside was re-developed, structural wise it was designed to accommodate future developments.

In theory all it needs is a cantilevered scaffolded gantry above the stand. (back in the old days)

Cabling, well with a bit of planning it could go under the pitch, next time it's dug up, don't they use fiber optics now, or like I said, Bounce it off the satellite. Im not a techie, but I do think these sort of improvements to the clubs image, should be reviewed a constant basis.

When we have asked at the Forum before, it has always been stated that TV need to have everything together. I don't fully understand why or whether there is a technical solution but it wasn't available last time we asked, within the last 12 months.

I quite like seeing the Riverside on TV. It makes Ewood Park stand out from the other grounds as it adds character to the stadium, especially as character seems to be disappearing away from football these days with all the generic single coloured stands.

Fine, so to add even more character, give the riversiders trench coats, flat caps and wooden rattles. :D oh I and a packet of woodbines.

Fine, so to add even more character, give the riversiders trench coats, flat caps and wooden rattles. :D oh I and a packet of woodbines.

The old Riversde stand was one of the best looking stands in the whole of English football and a superb view from the front row. Shame it had to go, but it could not have been modernised to suit today's requirements for H&S....to say nothing of comfort and facilities. Yes there is a lot to be said for the JW upper.....sigh!

The old Riversde stand was one of the best looking stands in the whole of English football and a superb view from the front row. Shame it had to go, but it could not have been modernised to suit today's requirements for H&S....to say nothing of comfort and facilities. Yes there is a lot to be said for the JW upper.....sigh!

Harrison and Furgy bombing down the wings, them where the days lad. :o

I think the Riverside holds about 4,500 ish. The two end hold about 7,500. So the three add to say a smidge under 20,000. So two identical JW stands opposite should make total capacity about 36~37,000 seats. Unless they made the seats really massive in the new stand, like the dearer ones at the pictures, loads of leg room, reclining backs etc. Hey, now thats a good idea.

Have a ground of a capacity of 20,000 for home fans, but in huge luxurious Parker Knoll recliners, and 7,000 tiny cruddy seats for away fans, cos they never sit down anyway.

Archived