BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Choose Me A Game

Hi All

You guys seem to be pretty clued up on current games and new releases so I'm after some advice.

I'm new to the PS3 and currently only play Fifa. I've not owned a console since the PS2 some years ago. Just looking for a decent game that I can pick up and get started on without being completely baffled.

I'm open to any suggestions. I like the look of Dead Space, looks quite eerie and spooky lol.

Guest Kamy100

There are some really good games available for the PS3:

Having played it on the 360, I would say that BIOSHOCK is a must play game. It is a superb, superb game and is for me the best "next gen" game thus far. It was released on PS3 2 weeks ago and reviews have been extremely positive.

If you want a couple of cheap launch games then I would go:

Resistance and Motorstorm. If you have a lot of times on your hand then Oblivion. Call Of Duty 4 is also superb.

There are a whole raft of really good games out now or coming out in the next 3 weeks:

LittleBigPlanet - Out 5th November and is going to be huge

Resistance 2 - Superb

Motorstorm 2 - Arcade Racer again very good

Fallout 3 - Need lots of time to play it

GTA4 - One of the games of the year

NBA2K9 - For a sports fan in general, play 2k9 to see potential of future sports games

Call Of Duty 5 - Looks to build upon the superb COD4.

That lot should keep you busy!

Hi All

You guys seem to be pretty clued up on current games and new releases so I'm after some advice.

I'm new to the PS3 and currently only play Fifa. I've not owned a console since the PS2 some years ago. Just looking for a decent game that I can pick up and get started on without being completely baffled.

I'm open to any suggestions. I like the look of Dead Space, looks quite eerie and spooky lol.

You have to get GTA4 before anything Ricky

Hi All

Dead Space is brilliant but Bioshock is absolutely the best game of the last year.

Guest Kamy100

Ah yes I forgot Drakes Fortune, another superb game. Very much like Tomb Raider but much, much better. One of the best PS3 exclusive games. I would buy Bioshock and Drakes Fortune, you won't go wrong with either of them.

Blockbuster also offer these for rent, £5.00 for a week.

Bioshock

Resistance (Might as well wait for R2 or get the cheaper platinum R1)

CoD4 (could wait for CoD5)

UNCHARTED! Brilliant game.

GTA4 - A great game.

Metal Gear Solid - If you have played any of the other MGS games, you will love it. It is long, hard and detailed, but it really is a terrific game.

Fifa you have.

LittleBigPlanet - not released yet, but it is something really unique and interesting. Everyone can design their own levels and so it is basically infinite. Check some levels on youtube.

Motorstorm - Good racing game, sadly no split screen. Might want to wait for M2.

Haze is a decent enough FPS, although a little generic.

Oblivion is always worth a bash if you like RPGs.

Dead Space - but I haven't played it. Going off reviews.

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Saints Row 2

Warhawk - completely online but bags of fun. Youtube it and see what it is like. Mayhem.

May want to try:

Unreal Tournament

Quake Wars

Mercenaries 2

Battlefield: Bad Company

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Dark Sector

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Devil May Cry 4

The Orange Box

Stranglehold

Kayne and Lynch

I would avoid:

Assassins Creed - very repetitive imo.

Lair - I despise the controls.

Ironman - Also dislike controls.

The Darkness - it is £9 for a reason. :P

The Club - While I don't mind it, most people hate it so I would avoid.

That's plenty.

There are some decent cheap games that aren't taxing to be found on ebay, and some other shops like shopto.net.

I got both Blazing Angels games for about £10 each off ebay and had fun playing them.

Civilization Revolution is good if you like strategy games. Got that at shopto for £20

Bioshock is £30 at Play.

Buzz and Singstar are fun for parties and get togethers.

I can also highly recommend GTA4, Drake and Resistance. None of these should set you back much nowadays.

Have fun and if you want to add me, look for wolverine77. That goes for anyone - I like playing FIFA online amongst others.

Archived