BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Winter In Lancashire

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi birchy

same as you home from work cold beer,then had tea watch the kiwis beat the aussies.will be an ashes win for us after they play the south africans,44 45 out at campbelltown on w/end you are in the shire arnt you must catch up for a stella and pie and peas at the nelson

aussie odgxxxx

Melbourne hit 46.4 today, an all-time record (since 1855).

Avalon hit 47.9 (that's towards Geelong, about 50 km SW of Melbourne), which will probably be an all-time world record for that latitude.

Now half the state is on fire, with about 14 confirmed deaths and perhaps 40.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me why our clocks did not go forward an hour a fortnight or so ago? I cannot think that it follows any sort of logic to have the hour back / hour forward dates so out of kilter. :angry:

btw how do the clocks work in Oz? Do you have summer and winter times? I assume it's easily big enough to cross a few time zones too.

btw how do the clocks work in Oz?

Theno, the mechanical ones go "tick tock, tick tock" and the hands (do you have them on English clocks?) travel around in a (guess what?) a clockwise direction. Digital clocks tell those that can't understand analog clocks, the time.

Seriously, theno, we do have "summer" and "winter" time. We do put our clocks forward one hour in our spring (early October) and back one hour in Autumn (Late March).

The whole thing is complicated by the fact that all States don't do it, and those that do do it, don't do it simultaniously. The problem we have is that the place is so big. Nighttime comes much more quickly in the tropics (Darwin/Cairns etc) but in Hobart it might be as much as an hour or two later even though they are on a similar longitude.

Theno, the mechanical ones go "tick tock, tick tock" and the hands (do you have them on English clocks?) travel around in a (guess what?) a clockwise direction. Digital clocks tell those that can't understand analog clocks, the time.

Seriously, theno, we do have "summer" and "winter" time. We do put our clocks forward one hour in our spring (early October) and back one hour in Autumn (Late March).

The whole thing is complicated by the fact that all States don't do it, and those that do do it, don't do it simultaniously. The problem we have is that the place is so big. Nighttime comes much more quickly in the tropics (Darwin/Cairns etc) but in Hobart it might be as much as an hour or two later even though they are on a similar longitude.

Can't remember the last time it were tropical in Darren.

• 8 months later...

This will do as the "weather topic" I suppose.

Huge rainfall last night up in Cumbria, possibly the most ever recorded. People airlifted to safety, some places 2.5m underwater and a copper missing after a bridge collapse. People are breaking through their roofs and about 200 have had to be rescued so far, with hundreds more evacuated in the early hours.

This will do as the "weather topic" I suppose.

Huge rainfall last night up in Cumbria, possibly the most ever recorded. People airlifted to safety, some places 2.5m underwater and a copper missing after a bridge collapse. People are breaking through their roofs and about 200 have had to be rescued so far, with hundreds more evacuated in the early hours.

Hope everyone is ok - It must be awful to have your lives ruined by a flood!

• Backroom

I thought we were in for some bad rain here but nothing of the sort it seems, I was hoping for a bit of a downpour so my footy is called off tomorrow at Pleck Gate and I can be at home to accept my Sofa delivery, no such luck

I thought we were in for some bad rain here but nothing of the sort it seems, I was hoping for a bit of a downpour so my footy is called off tomorrow at Pleck Gate and I can be at home to accept my Sofa delivery, no such luck

Who are you playing for and against tomorrow TCO.

• Backroom

Play for Rishton A I believe we're playing Hole ith Wall, we havn't played for two weeks so in a way really hope its on but at the same time need to be at home, in an ideal world my Setee comes in the morning and it doesn't rain, best of both worlds then

Play for Rishton A I believe we're playing Hole ith Wall, we havn't played for two weeks so in a way really hope its on but at the same time need to be at home, in an ideal world my Setee comes in the morning and it doesn't rain, best of both worlds then

Hows the season panning out and do you think you might win something this season.

• Backroom

On a personal level I've been poor I think, as a team I think we're slightly underachieving.

We've lost a couple of games we really shouldn't have and if not for that we would have been there or there abouts.

Of the teams we'd play I thought only one were a better team than us, the difference was steel I'd say. We have a good mix of experience and youth (a lot of lads of 17 / 18) but seem to lack a bit of bite at times.

Do you play or just have an interest?

Used to play years ago for a team called Ewood amatuers then stopped playing just as they began to win everything.

When Rovers arent playing sometimes have a look at a local game. Blue Star on Branch road is the nearest team to me, so if they are playing i'll watch them, if not, might well venture upto Pleckgate to give your team the critical eye B)

Which position are you playing TCO, and which side, left, right or down the middle.

• Backroom

We've been playing a 4-5-1 which tends to end up as a 4-2-3-1, I've been playing left or right wing.

Could be starting from the sidelines tomorrow I imagine :blush:

In honesty I've never been up to any standard but enjoyed playing, stopped playing 11 a side 3-4 years ago but loving getting back into it this season.

I'll be number 51 (I know it's ridiculous)

Tomorrow is a cup game for us, in our last game we got through the first round of the other cup and we reached the final of this one last season so fingers crossed. Acqueduct will be hard to beat though.

We've been playing a 4-5-1 which tends to end up as a 4-2-3-1, I've been playing left or right wing.

Could be starting from the sidelines tomorrow I imagine :blush:

In honesty I've never been up to any standard but enjoyed playing, stopped playing 11 a side 3-4 years ago but loving getting back into it this season.

I'll be number 51 (I know it's ridiculous)

Tomorrow is a cup game for us, in our last game we got through the first round of the other cup and we reached the final of this one last season so fingers crossed. Acqueduct will be hard to beat though.

That seems a very complicated formation for that level.

Archived