BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves At Leyland Tonight

It wasn’t a great game – but it’s always quite enjoyable at the County Ground as you’re so close to the pitch.

Jason Brown – Didn’t have a great deal to do, but was very vocal and encouraging to the younger players.

Tony Kane – Did ok, seem to struggle with a few long balls in the first half in the terrible wind.

Gael Givet – Barely noticed him. Played left-back though which could be a sign as to where Sam thinks he’ll play?

Aaron Mokoena – Nothing special, looked reasonably tidy, nearly burst through on goal in the first half, but ended up passing to Kane who blazed over.

Zurab Khizanishvili – Looked a cut above most of the players on show. Enjoyed the team announcer trying to say his name before kick-off.

Alex Marrow – struggled a bit in the first half with the long balls, but looked much more comfortable in the second half.

Aaron Doran – first half in particular he looked a real threat. There were a couple of scouts behind me (one was Tranmere I think) and they liked the look of him. Pacy and skilful but needs work on end product.

Alan Judge – I didn’t think he did that badly. Looked quite neat and tidy in the second half from where I was sat.

Nick Blackman – looked way short of first-team football to me, but did score again. Looked quite big and strong.

Carlos Villanueva – very disappointing, not quick or strong enough. Though again, the scouts behind me commented that he was the most talented player on the pitch.

Martin Olsson – looked decent, switched between left and right wing. One of the better players on the night.

Of the subs – Gavin Gunning looked the pick to me. Decent on the ball I thought.

Didnt really notice him much to be honest.

Same here.

Unable to comment from the 45 minutes where he had nowt to do bar a couple of clearances.

Got to agree, nothing to say hes this or that after that 45.

I believe that he is a striker of some potential. He has played often for the U18 despite being younger than average amongst that age group.

It would be disappointing if he did leave - but not surprising bearing in mind the stagnant cess-pit that is our youth system.

Although, you have to credit Ince for giving a lifeline to some young players and Rovers WILL reap that benefit. Yes, so far, we have not had much from these graduates but we will, I'm sure - either in transfer fees or player development.

What did you think of the ressies earlier in the week 6? Worth watching?

Stuwilky, if you had a genuine interest in Rovers youth system, then I'd be happy to take your criticisms and comments (veiled or otherwise) on board but I get fed up with the youth football agnostics whose runaway pride makes it impossible for them to accept that some jumped-up armchair wotsit dares to take an interest and have opinions.

Good to see you've finally admitted what all of us have known for quite some time rover6, sit back in your chair and let those who actually watch matches form opinions on players, rather than you try to make yourself out to be something you aren't.

As for Tom Hitchcock, gone right off the boil, not scored in months, probably pressure from his Dad to secure a big money deal.

Stuwilky, if you had a genuine interest in Rovers youth system, then I'd be happy to take your criticisms and comments (veiled or otherwise) on board but I get fed up with the youth football agnostics whose runaway pride makes it impossible for them to accept that some jumped-up armchair wotsit dares to take an interest and have opinions.

On the contrary, its good to have opinions. Especially those based on fact.

Archived