BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves At Leyland Tonight

Carlos, Kishi, Mokoena, Olsson and the new guys all playing tonight along with few other first teamers.

Quite right too.....

How are they supposed to get sharp if they never get a competitive game.

I've got me thermals ready so i'll have a look on.

Mr Keeley may make an appearance again.....

Carlos, Kishi, Mokoena, Olsson and the new guys all playing tonight along with few other first teamers.

Quite right too.....

How are they supposed to get sharp if they never get a competitive game.

I've got me thermals ready so i'll have a look on.

Mr Keeley may make an appearance again.....

It may just be me but I get the impression a few of them are probably playing as a last chance to show what they can do before the end of the transfer window. He probably wants to see if the likes of Olsson and Brown are good enough backup and whether or not Carlos and Moko etc can offer anything at all this year.

Nice to see them get a bit of a chance though.

Hopefully Carlos rattles in a hat trick!

To take a stab at the line-up, from the squad list, it'll be:

----------Brown------------

Kane-Khiz---Givet--Gunning

Judge-Moko-Hodge-Olsson

---------Villanueva----------

--------Blackman-----------

I doubt Carlos will get a touch. Reserve football isn't generally a place for silky football.

Moko should have a whale of a time.

This fixture always used to be a bit of a fiesty affair with plenty of pretty yellow and red cards about so Moko will feel right at home as will Mr Givet from the look of him.

Have to go to a meeting, or would be there - the needs of my constituents must come first...

Game played in horrible conditions, swirling winds and pouring rain for most of it.

Didnt hear most of the team, but Judge played well for much of the match, Carlos was patchy - took a good free kick but was largely anonymous.

Blackman was a bit of a handful at times.

Olsson had one or two reasonable moments, and one or two not so reasonable.

Kizzi took it all in at a walk.

It was not a great spectacle.

Obadeyi on target as reserve derby ends all square

9:08pm Wednesday 21st January 2009

By Liam Chronnell »

TEMITOPE Obadeyi’s first goal of the season moved Wanderers up to fourth.

The teen striker’s 73rd-minute opener looked to have sealed the points in the second string derby in wretched conditions at Leyland’s County Ground.

But Nick Blackman’s deflected effort with just three minutes remaining earned Blackburn a share of the spoils in the Barclays Premier Reserve League North clash.

Rovers included new signing Gael Givet, as well as Aaron Mokoena, Carlos Villanueva, Martin Olsson and Zurab Khizanishvili, in a strong line-up.

The visitors had the best of the first-half chances with Blackman, Aaron Doran and Tony Kane all going close.

Aaron Mooy, star of FA Youth Cup victory over Hull City last week, posed the biggest threat for Bolton, curling just over on the half-hour mark.

Wanderers were brighter after the break and David Gbemie’s glancing header from Obadeyi’s free-kick almost found the net on 54 minutes.

Alan Cork’s side lost 5-1 to their neighbours in the opening game of the season. But Obadeyi, who came off the substitutes’ bench in both the first-team’s recent games against Arsenal and Manchester United, looked to have avenged that hammering when the 19-year-old latched on to Zoltan Harsanyi’s clever through ball to coolly slot home.

But Blackman’s fortunate strike wrong-footed Robert Lainton to earn Rovers a deserved point.

Wanderers: Lainton, Sinclair, Stokes (Chambers 58), Sheridan, Gbemie, Fojut, Mooy, Sissons, Obadeyi, Harsanyi, Ward (O’Halloran 58). Subs not used: Brocklehurst, Carlsile, Blakeman.

Blackburn: Brown, Kane, Givet (Gunning 45), Khizanishvili, Marrow, Mokoena, Doran (Clarke 85), Judge, Blackman, Villanueva (Hodge 75), Olsson. Subs not used: Hodge, Swann, O’Keefe.

What is the point of reserve football when conditions are so terrible?

It strikes me as an exercise in futility - especially for players for whom it is a rare platform to try to prove their worth to the first team manager.

Reserve football is graveyard football. Benitez was right.

It strikes me as an exercise in futility - especially for players for whom it is a rare platform to try to prove their worth to the first team manager.

Every game of football cannot be played in glorious sunshine, especially in this part of the country. The night was bad. but the players did have the benefit of playing on a superb surface, which did not cut up at all. I'm sure that all 255 spectators thoroughly enjoyed the game

Rain and wind?

Never would happen in the Premier League would it! :rolleyes:

...the players did have the benefit of playing on a superb surface, which did not cut up at all.

It is a great surface, especially given the number of matches they hold.

If you can't get motivated stepping over that white line you need to take a good look at yourself. I'd have kicked my Granny to win a game of football, any time, anywhere.

Game played in horrible conditions, swirling winds and pouring rain for most of it.

Didnt hear most of the team, but Judge played well for much of the match, Carlos was patchy - took a good free kick but was largely anonymous.

Blackman was a bit of a handful at times.

Olsson had one or two reasonable moments, and one or two not so reasonable.

Kizzi took it all in at a walk.

It was not a great spectacle.

Agree it wasnt a great spectacle but for the team Rovers had out i'd have thought we would have looked a little bit more convincing than we did.

Judge looks an average FOURTH division player, had to look at him again to see if what people had been saying about him had any justification sadly unless they want to see Rovers playing in the lower leagues then thats the only way they are going to see Judge feature in a Rovers first team.

A better player than Judge who played right wing tonight but still short of premier league standard was Aaron Doran, he looked to take a knock late on but he looked a lot sharper than Judge though the end product wasnt seen too much.

Was very disappointed with Carlos Villanueva, he showed no pace and very little invention a massive disappointment as the young Bolton lads seemed to wrap him up and put him in their pockets - hes definitely got to move on.

Givet early days, didnt look too great but early days just didnt see anything tonight to say yes hes a 'good un'.

Was suitably impressed with Obadeyi, Mooy, Fojut and Ward of Bolton.

Agree it wasnt a great spectacle but for the team Rovers had out i'd have thought we would have looked a little bit more convincing than we did.

Agree

Judge looks an average FOURTH division player, had to look at him again to see if what people had been saying about him had any justification sadly unless they want to see Rovers playing in the lower leagues then thats the only way they are going to see Judge feature in a Rovers first team.

A better player than Judge who played right wing tonight but still short of premier league standard was Aaron Doran, he looked to take a knock late on but he looked a lot sharper than Judge though the end product wasnt seen too much.

Agree, he struggled with the corners, but he did very well particularly in the second half.

To prepare most of them for the real world in the lower leagues?

To toughen them up a bit?

To show that they don't get to play on pitches as good as those at Brockhall every match (e.g. Blyth)?

To keep the players out of mischief mid-week?

To improve their skills and see how they get on in such conditions?

Then again maybe it's just to fulfill a fixture we're obliged to play?

The conditions were the main winner tonight. Cold, wet and windy. Carlos looked like he'd rather be back home in Chile with the sun on his back - I don't blame him. However, football is a winter game and these are the conditions that the younger players are going to have to master if they want to be successful in English football.

I thought Zurab was our best performer and Aaron didn't do too badly in midfield. Conditions favoured the stronger, more experienced men tonight. Givet will need matches to gain fitness and sharpness. He certainly looks like a player who hasn't played for six months. Of our younger players I thought Olsson was the pick. He started brightly but faded as the game went on. I thought Doran and Judge had disappointing games by their standards. I quite liked Marrow in the centre of defence. He certainly looks better in defence than midfield.

Once again, I felt Carlos looked out of place in English football. He's too slow for the wing, not strong enough for midfield and not quick enough or strong enough to play up front. Unless he's given a free role behind a lone striker he seems to have very little to offer apart from the odd free-kick.

I was impressed with Blackman last week against Oldham and I thought he did reasonably well again tonight. However, he's some way off being ready for the first team.

Although our goal was rather fortunate I thought we deserved a draw for the amount of possession we had - although, in fairness, we did very little with it.

blackman showed some nice touches at times could well be one for the future, carlos did nothing of note, was quite impressed with judge first time i had seen him properly and he looked busy and was not afraid to put his foot in. zurab and mokoena looked like the strolled through the game without any major problems, brown didnt really have anything to do besides pick ball out of the net. Was impressed with gunning who come on for givet at half time. Think overall the conditions spoiled what could have been a good game

Archived