BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Street Fighter Iv

Couldn't see thread for this so thought I'd make one.

This game is excellent, being playing it all weekend (much to the girlfriends annoyance). Don't know about you guys but it seems a lot harder than I remembered Street Fighter II (the last one I played).

I've mainly been playing as Ryu as he seems to have a decent assortment of special moves that are quite esay to execute. Just managed to complete the arcade mode on medium difficulty and god damn that final boss Seth was hard. Took me around 30 attempts!

Overall a great game, love the graphics style and smooth gameplay. Online seems to be decent too although I havn't won a match yet ha ha. I think I'm going to end up with a clawed hand by the end of the week!

I have all of the characters now except Seth/Akuma and Gouken. Completing it with Sakura and Viper I found the most difficult so far.

I am onto using the PS3 pad again though because the cheapo Madcatz one (cheap in quality but not in price) has died already. It will only go left now - great purchase there.

Guest Kamy100

Thankfully I haven't open mine yet, I think I am going to send the pad back and use the PS3 one, heard a few people say that it's build quality is poor.

Didn't have a chance to play it over the weekend but am looking forward to getting into this tonight.

Thankfully I haven't open mine yet, I think I am going to send the pad back and use the PS3 one, heard a few people say that it's build quality is poor.

Didn't have a chance to play it over the weekend but am looking forward to getting into this tonight.

Yep very very poor. As soon as I started playing on the sixaxis it was much better BUT......I would recomened loosing L1 AND L2 and assigning the weak punch and kick to them. As soon as I did that all previous problems went away. You have no chance on the d pad but the analouge works pretty well.

Mine is in the post today on its way back for a refund.

On another note Akuma has just been unlocked but I think I will have to leave Gouken and Seth for another day.

Getting a hiding online though.

Thats weird that is because i've been using the 360 madcatz pad all weekend and i couldn't find a single fault with it. Its made the game enjoyable and easier to play. Its wired but that is probably why its working better if they've used cheap materials for the PS3 joypad.

As for the game, me and my girlfriend completed the game this weekend, by yesterday afternoon so we've got all characters unlocked including Seth. Crimson Viper i thought was very easy to complete it with, her ultra combo is very good and makes a very nice ultra combo finish.

If you want Seth you need to complete it with all characters including Akuma/Gouiken. To get Akuma you need to complete the game without continuing, finishing with two perfects and no more than two ultra combo finishes before fighting Seth. To get Gouiken you need to complete the game with Akuma, then complete it again with two perfects, no continues and no more than 3 ultra combo finishes.

This has to be the best fighting game i have played on a next gen console, I love the SF franchise (anime, comics, games etc) Some of the ultra combo's are a bit fiddly to do but i can do them all now so if anyone wants a good beating off here online send us your gamertag. I'd rather play with people that i know aren't going to spam an certain attack of Zangief's that i've seen done this weekend, its pathetic. It was very nice beating someone online using the crap that is Dan, he's pathetic in the Anime and pathetic on the game. I think its a shame that they have made Dhalsim a fighter that not many would play with, he's not as good as he possibly should be. I also wish they'd given Akuma the Dark Hadou for his Ultra Combo or at least Special Combo but what he has got is just as good.

Yes ive got Streetfighter IV for the ps3...

Enjoying playing the game with a decent difficulty level though Seth is extremely hard to beat whichever difficulty level you select!

I like the idea where online opponents can jump in a fight you on the Arcade version. Ive not won many online batlles either...

A must game for Streetfighter fans!!!

Guest Kamy100

Been playing this on the PS3 and it is a really good game.

However I found that for me at least it is very hard, I have used a variety of characters and it is easy to master the basic kick and punch moves but have found it nigh on impossible to pull of any of the combos or special moves. It is to be honest starting to annoy me, have read quite a few other people are also struggling, I guess in the end this game is really for hardcore beat em up fans. Graphics, physics and online play are all very good and when online I play against a friend who is at the same level as me it is fine but does frustrate me that I cannot pull of any of the advance moves because of the sheer number of button presses it involves on the PS3 controller.

I'll keep playing it for the next week....

Kamy,

Try doing what I said earlier and bin out the light punch and kick to L1 and L2 because you don't really need them. Make sure that the all three punch and kick buttons are mapped to R1 and R2. Its these buttons that will let you pull off most ultras.

For example. Pick Ryu and throw an hadooken. If you can do that do it again but do the analogue motion twice before hitting the all three punch button and his ultra will kick in. That move is the same for a few others.

The other easier ones are the types for Honda and Bison. Just hold back for a few seconds and then hit forward back forward and on the last forward hit the all three punch or kick (depending on which character you are) and that should do their ultra.

You will need these type of moves mastered if you are to unlock Akuma and Gouken.

How the hell anyone does the Guile or Zangief moves though is beyond me.

(Hope the above makes sense - it did in my head as I was typing it :rolleyes: )

Guest Kamy100
Kamy,

Try doing what I said earlier and bin out the light punch and kick to L1 and L2 because you don't really need them. Make sure that the all three punch and kick buttons are mapped to R1 and R2. Its these buttons that will let you pull off most ultras.

For example. Pick Ryu and throw an hadooken. If you can do that do it again but do the analogue motion twice before hitting the all three punch button and his ultra will kick in. That move is the same for a few others.

The other easier ones are the types for Honda and Bison. Just hold back for a few seconds and then hit forward back forward and on the last forward hit the all three punch or kick (depending on which character you are) and that should do their ultra.

You will need these type of moves mastered if you are to unlock Akuma and Gouken.

How the hell anyone does the Guile or Zangief moves though is beyond me.

(Hope the above makes sense - it did in my head as I was typing it :rolleyes: )

Thanks Cocker,

I'll try and do this mapping tonight (hope it is straight forward to do). What you say makes sense so if it helps then it'll make the game much more enjoyable. Hopefully play you online soon..

Aye its really easy to do. There is just a list and for example it says 'light Punch' you just press L2 next to it and your done. Obviously make sure that the other buttons are sorted too.

And yes, it will make things much more enjoyable.

If you get rid of the light punch and kick buttons you won't be able to do any throws.

Try it with an arcade stick - it's what the game is designed for and it makes Zangief's spinning move dead easy.

You can sign one button for a throw so L1 if its a must. No way am I paying £80 to £150 for a fightstick either.

I wouldn't pay that either, especially for the rubbish standard edition one, but the Hori PS3 stick is only £30 on Amazon! I've got a Hori one for the Xbox, I just put some proper Japanese arcade parts in there and made my own artwork, it's every bit as good as the £150 Mad Catz effort. Even without modding it, Hori stuff is pretty decent.

DSC00052.jpg

Has anyone managed to complete arcade mode on medium difficulty yet? I'm starting to think it's impossible. Seth is an almighty spammer of 'sonic boom' he has been doing my box in for a few days now - I'm honestly going to end up boting my controller out of the window and the PS3 shall be following closely behind!!

Tempted with the Hori stick because some of teh moves are so hard to do on a control pad - I've been fighting a lot with Feo Long recently. Much better than Ryu.

Have you tried it with Zangief? Just mash all three punch buttons to make him do the spinny clothesline move and he beats every character except Cammy, without fail. I went through it on Hardest to test it out and beat Seth without using a credit. You don't even need to move much, just keep hitting the buttons. Totally cheap...

I remember having a version of Street Fighter II for the Mega Drive. It was always odd that there seemed a reluctance to make a Street Fighter III, and there were titles such as Street Fighter II super nuclear deluxe version.

They did make Street Fighter III?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have unlocked Gouken. Just wish he would throw a fireball in a straightline. Love his ultra move.

EDIT - Unlocked Seth last night but no where near as good with him as the cpu is. He seems slower than I thought he would be,

I thought I was pretty good until I went online and got my head pounded.

I am finding though that this still comes with the same online problem in that people quit to keep their score. I put the games up to 5 online so I can play longer because I don't care about the score. I go two up and the connection goes - so annoying.

Archived