BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Internet Problem?

I've had my PC for over 2 years now, just recieved it back from my health check and everything is running fine, all the spywares and viruses were removed.

However, before I sent my PC off for the health check, it would not let me access websites such as hotmail, facebook and other websites that require my email address.

I've deleted my cookies and tried to restore the computer, however, I still have the same problem!

My connection is fine because there is no problem with my laptop, iPhone or PS3, they all seem to be running perfectly.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

• Backroom

Have you tried using different browsers? Using Firefox/Opera might solve the problem. Otherwise, sounds like you've done most of the 'standard' clean-up operations... could be a bug lodged in the registry, which could be an issue.

Have you tried using different browsers? Using Firefox/Opera might solve the problem. Otherwise, sounds like you've done most of the 'standard' clean-up operations... could be a bug lodged in the registry, which could be an issue.

It is the same with Mozilla firefox, I downloaded the new internet explorer but then deleted it as there were too many pop ups.

So i'm currently using Mozilla.

Check that whoever looked at your machine havent put in their own DNS servers (goto your network settings and right click your card - properties - tcpip - make sure they are all blank - double check with your isp)

Also

Goto start/run/type - cmd (press return) now type: ipconfig /flushdns (press return)

Now try again

Check that whoever looked at your machine havent put in their own DNS servers (goto your network settings and right click your card - properties - tcpip - make sure they are all blank - double check with your isp)

Also

Goto start/run/type - cmd (press return) now type: ipconfig /flushdns (press return)

Now try again

Still no luck after trying both of them. Anything else I can try?

Would there not be a problem with my key ports or anything?

Would it be a fault with the router though? As my laptop, iPhone and PS3 work fine, but it's just the PC that has a fault with it.

if the telco have made any line changes you may need to reboot the router for it to see them. if this dosent work speak to your isp who can get you to run a trace to some of the sites. i could tell you how but its taken me ages to type this on the psp

Would it be a fault with the router though? As my laptop, iPhone and PS3 work fine, but it's just the PC that has a fault with it.

The fault that I had was that whenever I tried to connect to googlemail and hotmail I couldny comnnect had a box come up on screen saying.

The server www.googlemail or www.hotmail at DSL requires username and password. Despite typing in the username and passwords for the accounts I the box came up and then a 401 error

It was my isp that told me to try re-booting the router

and by magic it was resolved.

Thought id drop this in here. As ive just cancelled my internet with my service provider, as they were awful. Im currently accessing the internet using my Sony Ericsson P1i as a modem. I have a data plan in place, so not too run my bill up. The speeds are not great, about 484kbps as its only a 3G handset with no HSDPA. Are there anyway to up my connection speeds by trying to upgrade the phones firmware/software. This phone is hardly great, as it runs off symbian UIQ3. I am looking at new service providers, but right now this is my best option.

Cheers

Iccers

Archived