BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crossing Football Celebs

We'd just beaten Leeds at Ewood and Smith missed a penalty - very weak one saved by Friedel. After the game he was coming out of the ground and I decided to wind him up about his penalty (Probably a childish thing to do, but I was only about 16). He signed something for a little girl and then through her pen at me. It missed me - and I only wish I'd have been quick enough to suggest that was the second pen he'd missed with today. He was pretty angry though, the stewards got in between us pretty quickly. Like I said - I was probably as much to blame as him - but I still can't stand the man. His exact words were "If I was the other side of this fence, I'd kick the F%$K out of you".

Tool. You know 16 year olds are going to take the ____ if you miss a penalty.

Brightonrover's Billy Bremner story sounds very much like when my sisters asked for David Campese's autograph when they were about 13. Bremner sounds like a typical Yorkshireman (see signature)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had that Dennis Wise in the back of my cab once.

Took the mickey out of his accent so he beat me up.

I've got a tale about wee Dennis too.

My old boss was shagging him for a while when he was a trainee at Southampton. Lets just say she thinks of him as being tiny in a very different way to most.

I took a tour of Ewood. My buddy (both from the States) made an appointment with the club. Somebody forgot to tell poor Ronnie Clayton. He was 15-20 minutes late. It was just the 3 of us. ronnie spent 2 1/2 to 3 hours with us. He had some of the funniest stories. Two of my favorites were: "We was playing Brazil and Pele and I were chasing after a 50 50 ball. He elbowed me in the face and broke my nose. After the game he came up to me and asked me to exchange shirt, and do you know what I told him?" No Ronnie. "I told him to FU*K OFF!!"

and "Uncle Jack gave us his millions. He's owned the club for a long time"

Us - Ronnie, you know that Uncle Jack passed away years ago right?

Ronnie - "He's dead?"

I felt pretty bad. He couldn't have been a nicer host. He took away time from his Friday with his granddaughter to take us around Ewood.

RONNIE YOU LEGEND!

Archived