BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wisdom Teeth Removal

Hey guys,

I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth removed in a couple of weeks (they've just become infected for the sixth or seventh time - I lost count) and I'm just wondering if those footballers out there who have had the operation done can remember how long they were forced to sit out from playing for? I know different people will have different experiences, but just nice to have a rough idea. I shouldn't need any of the bone chipped away, from what the dentist was saying.

I have the operation on Thursday 1 October. I know I won't be able to play on Sunday 4th, but was hoping to be able to either make training on Thursday 8th, but far more importantly, my match on Sunday 11th.

Also, I remember reading Van Persie and Malouda attributing a return to fitness to their wisdom teeth removal and was wondering if anybody knew much about this?

Cheers.

My missus had hers out last week - it took 10 mins per tooth - she was in pain for a few days - probably 5-7 days and you should be feeling fine.

I also had a tooth out that day - it took them 2 1/2 hours to get it out, and boy did that one hurt!!

You should be ok for Training and the match the week later....

I've only had one wisdom tooth removed but, it took about 20/25minutes and I had a minor infection in the gum around it, but I was back playing sports the same night. To be honest, I was only playing tennis but the pain wasn't anywhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. I'd probably not play football for a good week though incase you take a nasty hit to the face.

Just see how much it hurts and make your decision from that.

....... I shouldn't need any of the bone chipped away, from what the dentist was saying.

If you do need that it's cos it's impacted. I had 2 bottom ones removed under general anaesthetic and it was extremely painful for about 10 days afterwards. Extremely in that I did not want to go out in the cold air never mind play football.

If you do need that it's cos it's impacted. I had 2 bottom ones removed under general anaesthetic and it was extremely painful for about 10 days afterwards. Extremely in that I did not want to go out in the cold air never mind play football.

That what they did with my tooth 2 weeks ago. Took them 2 1/2 hours to get it out - cut my gum and pulled it out front ways instead - thought they were guna break my jaw with the amount of pressure it was under. :o

In 1981 I was told to have all four severely impacted wisdom teeth removed.

I asked why.

Dentist said so that I won't suffer.

I responded that I wasn't thanks- in fact I had no idea there was any sort of problem until he told me.

Dentist shook his head and said I was being foolish.

28 painfree years later I still have my four impacted wisdom teeth but I cannot say I feel foolish (well not about that decision!)

PS hope this post doesn't cause a karmic revenge of the wisdom teeth!

Archived