BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Import Tax Question

Iv tried the Hm website but I cant understand it - its not very clear and I dont want to get scammed by the massive add-ons that might follow.

if the goods are sent as a 'gift' then you wont pay any VAT on the item, otherwise i belive it depends on the value of the item

if the goods are sent as a 'gift' then you wont pay any VAT on the item, otherwise i belive it depends on the value of the item

Did they get rid of the £36 limit? It used to be £18 for trade and £36 for gifts.

From my limited understanding Hughesy you would be looking at Customs Duty which depends on what it is.

VAT is added to the total trade value of the items, postage and the above customs duty.

And the a handling fee from the Royal Mail!

Shipping is based on weight and sometimes be more than the cost of the goods themselves...If you import from outside the EEC Vat at 15% is payable before customs will release the goods from the docks..It will be based on import value which is cost and Shipping etc added together so this is much higher than just the invoice value of the goods..You can actually claim this Vat back if you are in business and already do Vat returns..Dont forget the banks like their slice if you pay in dollars..

Archived