BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dvd Recorders

Anybody have a dvd recorder, and how good are they? I want to get me one, hook it up to satelite tv and record games when im not home. Im looking at one without a hard drive, as i have a 500GB external hard drive. However, will my external drive, work via the usb port, or will i have to change to fat32 or something? Ive heard lots of people saying, that they couldnt get their movies playing that were stored on the external hard drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I bought a Sony one at the outlet store a while back and it was good (used it to transfer Laserdiscs). The only thing I didn't like was it was chapters were automated (you couldn't say when to break).

Only ones available to me is LG. Either without hard drive or a 160 or 320GB. I dont want the hard drive one as its too expensive.

If you don't want to burn discs, just go get a cheaper DVR or PVR, unless you have a TV Tuner and Capture Card for you PC, then store on your external HD and go get a WD HDTV media player or the Noontec Media Dock to play your recorded media.

Archived