BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Assassins Creed 2

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Game is out on Friday and it seems that a few people from here are buying it so would be good to hear your impressions.

I bought the first one and it was fine for 3 or 4 hours then it just became boring and tedious as there was no variety, you just did the samething over and over. Hoping that this game has more variety and depth, if it does then I may consider buying it.

Like Kamy I thought the first one ended up being very repetitive however the developers are promising great things for this one. I read somewhere that its now what the first one should have been (just to note I loved the first one apart from the repetition)

You can now interact better with the people around you making friends with the likes of prostitutes and thieves who will help you out. You also have a larger weapon set and you can buy upgrades from the shop.

There are also other toys to play with like the flying machine courtesy of Leonardo da Vinci.

Aside from the main story you can head underground the city to go on side quests. These look to be quite fun as there a few chase sequences in them which could be a nice little break from the main plot.

I will bag this one at the weekend no question.

This may have been posted in the new games thread but it should go in here too - click

Having played it a bit more this evening. It is alot better than the first one, the graphics are beautiful and they have addressed the repetiveness alot. There is alot more variety, puzzles to solve, loads of side missions to complete, free running races etc. To get 100% will take ages.

Guest Kamy100

Rented this and am really enjoying it, the problems of the first one where it became repetitive have been addressed and it reminds me of GTA, you have lots of different missions you have to do much like GTA (delivering letters, going and beating someone up), I won't say anything else because don't want to spoil the story, safe to say that once I return my rental I will go and buy this game.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

Finished this tonight and really enjoyed it. Much, Much better then the last one, loved the variety of missions, although it did slightly drag towards the end of the game. Good to see a developer taking on board criticism and making changes.

It took me just short of 18 hours to complete the main storyline, there are side missions that you can do but they don't really appeal to me.

Looking forward to playing the third one when it is eventually released.

Finished this tonight and really enjoyed it. Much, Much better then the last one, loved the variety of missions, although it did slightly drag towards the end of the game. Good to see a developer taking on board criticism and making changes.

It took me just short of 18 hours to complete the main storyline, there are side missions that you can do but they don't really appeal to me.

Looking forward to playing the third one when it is eventually released.

Any ideas on the era of the third one yet? I'm hoping it won't be in the world wars or later. It has to remain in the olden times. Completed the game and all side missions etc in just shy of 30hours play. Quite happy with that, considering I didn't play the 1st one (mates all said it was rubbish due to repetitiveness etc).

Any ideas on the era of the third one yet? I'm hoping it won't be in the world wars or later. It has to remain in the olden times. Completed the game and all side missions etc in just shy of 30hours play. Quite happy with that, considering I didn't play the 1st one (mates all said it was rubbish due to repetitiveness etc).

All I can think is that you will be Desmond. They keep saying that they are sending him back so he can learn to be an Assassin so that must be the third (and final) one.

Of course this is only a guess on my part and I have no proof at all (still playing through the second)

EDIT. Actually I finished it last night. Got all of the view points but not bothering with the glyphs as some of them are doing my head in - I am not proud that I am giving up but thats the way it is.

Didn't expect that ending either.

Archived