BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Do You Support? Rovers?

I've had no intentions of going after seeing what I have recently home and away. However, I've decided today that I should go.

Being a Rovers fan is likely being an abused wife. No matter how many times they make me miserable, I keep going back for more.

Guest andrewpickup

I've had no intentions of going after seeing what I have recently home and away. However, I've decided today that I should go.

Being a Rovers fan is likely being an abused wife. No matter how many times they make me miserable, I keep going back for more.

correct, we get the hand we are dealt, lets just accept that as its what SUPPORTING' a football team is about. we may not be happy with some things going on but its 15 quid so lets just get behind the team we love conditionally, its not sam we love, or the, players its BRFC. A dire turnout will make matters even worse and for the real moaners look to whats going on in Haiti to make you look trivial and pathetic. enjoy a night out. life goes on

I can't help but draw a similar analogy, in that being a Rover's manager is a lot like being a henpecked husband who slaves away just trying to keep the family afloat with little or no lasting gratitude. "What!!?? No silverware!!?? Chelsea's husband brings home silverware. My first husband brought home the league trophy! Oh, those were the days, when I had a REAL man by my side. What have you ever done for me??!!! You're a no good bum! And another thing, when are we going to move to a better neighborhood!!??? This mid to bottom half neighborhood is NOT good for either my complection or self-esteem . . .."

Unlike the Internet clique on here it never crossed my mind to miss today.

And what are you going to do between 3pm and 5pm today?

The difference between a fan and a supporter.

:rover: i was in the wam,with 8 season ticket holders who could not face another dire game :blush::brfc:

:rover: i was in the wam,with 8 season ticket holders who could not face another dire game :blush::brfc:

You're 8 ST holder friends missed a treat! It wasn't quite like watching Brazil but the lads played as a team, kept a clean sheet and walked away with 3 points. Job done.

Well done to all who joined in to drown out the boo boy's when Keith came on.

You're 8 ST holder friends missed a treat! It wasn't quite like watching Brazil but the lads played as a team, kept a clean sheet and walked away with 3 points. Job done.

Well done to all who joined in to drown out the boo boy's when Keith came on.

:rover: must have been a different game to the one we watched in the pub,one lad actually fell asleep :wacko::brfc:

How long to your Pension 'Waggy'?

:rover: 7 yrs if the goalposts are'nt moved again :brfcsmilie:

:rover: must have been a different game to the one we watched in the pub,one lad actually fell asleep :wacko::brfc:

Too much Guinness that wagster.

I enjoyed the game, there was more passing and trying to use the wings a lot more. I've not felt as comfortable as that at Ewood for a while. There were times where it was up in the air too much but I didn't say it was perfect. Usually I'd blame it on the drink but I had a sober game yesterday!

It's always hard to be unconditional where money is concerned, particularly during a recession. If Rovers were playing the 'Big Sam way' and producing results, then fans would come to Ewood with a sense of pride and expectation for their money, and only the dissidents would grumble on. That, however, isn't the case. We've contrived to play this way, but the result has been a disoriented and win-less hoodoo for months. Fans have every right to feel aggrieved by events and keep their money in their pocket in protest. Blackburn Rovers are, after all, a business first and foremost. And they will abide by the same laws of consumerism as any other. If you want bums on seats, you need success. And if you can't manage that consistently, then at least keep them entertained.

Archived