BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Murray & Laura Robson

Calling Murray a "Scotch" anything is wrong. See above.

FFS Jim have you never heard of 'dialect'??? People from round here tend to say Scotch rather than scottish and everybody knows what they mean. All that matters is that the communication is clear, and it is. I hearby resolve to stop correcting spellings. I don't wanna be Jim mkIII

Why is it, that in the vast depth of useless information I carry around this keeps popping into my head.

A long time ago,did we have a monarch with a slight speech impediment who mispronounced 'Scottish' as 'Scotch' ? Nobody would correct the boss so many followed suit ?

Why is it, that in the vast depth of useless information I carry around this keeps popping into my head.

A long time ago,did we have a monarch with a slight speech impediment who mispronounced 'Scottish' as 'Scotch' ? Nobody would correct the boss so many followed suit ?

I had heard that too, but never believed it.....you never know!

Calling Murray a "Scotch" anything is wrong. See above.

I know exactly what i typed Jim. You`re so eager to jump down peoples throats aren`t you? It`s a bit sad really :rolleyes:

Tell anybody from Scotland they are "Scotch" & you`ll be put straight! :angry2: nay doot aboot it!! Infact, if you called a Scotsman a "Scotch c###" he`ll probably be more offended by the word 'scotch' than the word c###.

The point i was making was......some people dislike Andy Murray cos he`s a "scotch so & so" & they`re free to vent these feelings on this messageboard.

But, if somebody called an asian a "paki so & so" the resident PC brigade on BRFCs fall over themselves to clamber up the ramparts to challenge who-ever said these terrible words.

All i am saying is, both are offensive & could be seen as racist but one is 'kind of' ok to post on here.

• 11 months later...

Murray Vs Novak starting soon in the final of the Australian Open.

I'm bouncing around my living room right now. Interesting to see how Murray performs without seeing one of the greatest players of all time across the net from him. Novo is in great form but Murray has won their last three matches - all on hard courts.

Interesting betting tip, if you want to put some money on Djoko to win (either if, like me, you just want some consolation money, or indeed because he's actually the favourite):

Rather than dumping the money on Djoko outright, split it equally on him to win 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2. 3-0 and 3-1 return pretty much identical amounts, but you're freerolling on a much bigger profit on 3-2 (SkyBet).

Come on Andy!

Archived