BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No Chemical Stimulants For Four Months

I don't know if this is allowed so if it isn't I'm sorry.

I've decided to do something very difficult for The Bobby Moore Fund. If you want to help out a very worthy cause, this could be a good chance to do so...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Charity Page

More Information:

I am rather addicted to stimulants. Whether it is alcohol, caffeine or even sugar....I love it.

For that reason I am giving up all stimulants until my birthday (July 30th)

This includes:

1. Beer and all forms of alcohol

2. Chocolate

3. Crisps

4. Fast Food (Chinese, KFC, McDonalds, Chip Shops, Etc..)

5. At Restaurants, I can only order low calorie salads

6. No Coke (Not even diet options)

7. Any form of sugar

8. No tea or coffee (Only Green Tea)

9. No white bread

As you can see this is going to be an incredibly difficult task. For that reason I need help. If people sponsor me and it raises cash for charity then I'll be very happy. It also gives me a very good reason to stick with this. It is a really great cause. Please help me / them...

Hang in there, BPF.

I've been ordered to do similar for my health - have high cholesterol apparently and have to follow a low fat diet, our Practice Nurse is a bit fearsome, She Who Must Be Obeyed in fact - you know she must be frightening if she can scare me :(.

All the best for your attempt, and a very worthy cause.

I'm no nutritional expert, but I was under the impression that if you cut things out of your diet completely for extended spells you then run the risk that your body will reject them/not be able to metabolise them when you go back to having them?

In addition, alcohol is not a stimulant, so you can still tuck in to a few beers! :)

I'm no nutritional expert, but I was under the impression that if you cut things out of your diet completely for extended spells you then run the risk that your body will reject them/not be able to metabolise them when you go back to having them?

In addition, alcohol is not a stimulant, so you can still tuck in to a few beers! :)

I've not heard that before but I'll have to see what happens to me in July. If you read that a local man has died from drinking one cup of coffee then that'll be me.

Also in regards to alcohol. It is not just stimulants that I've ended up giving up. It is also fast food, diet coke etc etc. The full list is on my Just Giving Page.

For any of you that buy the Lancashire Evening Post, I'm on Page 14 tonight, looking awful. Also read my wife's column on page 11! Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on Day 39 now.

Had a 'First weigh in' last night and I've dropped 22 pounds! Crazy!

Hell's teeth. Watch that doesn't go down too quickly. How much do you weigh now?

How are you finding it? Easier/more difficult than you imagined? Any particular cravings?

I'm not sure how I'd cope without stimulants of one kind or another. With work being absolutely insane recently, in a typical day I'll have a massively strong coffee in the morning, 2-4 green teas (usually with a stimulant like Ginseng or Ginger), a glass of red bull and at least one pro plus.

Right now I have pro plus tablets on my desk, which I pick bits off every time I feel my concentration go down or I start to feel drowsy. Cannot wait for a bit of a repreive, it can't be healthy!

Good lcuk with it all, and hang in there! 22lbs is crazy, you must feel great?

I'm on Day 39 now.

Had a 'First weigh in' last night and I've dropped 22 pounds! Crazy!

Wow, that's some endorsement of your new regime. I admire your dedication. I suppose it would help if you could give us your starting weight though. If it was 9 stone (126 lbs) then you may be in trouble. If it was 15 stone (210 lbs) then, sir, I take my hat off to you.

All the best

Hello.

Starting weight was sixteen stones. Sounds heavy, but I'm six feet five so I was overweight but not massively overweight (If that makes sense).

22lbs is a lot of weight to lose in a month, but I don't think that it will continue at this speed. I expect that it will now start to level off. I haven't drank any alcohol, eaten sugar, caffeine etc in five weeks now! It is becoming more and more challenging, particularly alcohol (The Mother-in-law is staying with us from America at the moment and this volcanic ash means that she can't go home!!!).

As for the way I feel, I do feel better but not to the extent I would have thought. I think that despite being healthier, some stimulants aid in giving you a break from reality and help you chill out. I've had to deal with everything from tiredness to stress without the use of any chemicals which can be difficult. The wife seems really happy with me at the moment, she thinks I have an entirely new personality and positive outlook and that I am more alert.

If any of you have a spare quid, please help support a really worthwhile charity: Here

Archived