BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pczone Dead

Well look at the games that are being released, there are a helluva lot less games being released on PC now, the PC games in the Gamestation shop now are on the end of an aisle, I struggled to find them.

With the release of MW2 I hoped it would breath a bit more life back into the PC gamers but IW made it a direct port from the console version and basically killed it for pc gamers before it was even released.

Im sure PC games will continue to run for a while yet because of games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 but that is only 2 games and there are a lot of games being rleased similar to WOW now for free to play on the net.

There were arguments made that the console cannot sustain big multiplayer games but the release of MAG on the PS3 it shows they can step it up a bit, I expect that PC games will slowly dissapear over the next 5 years as the console's figure out ways of hosting massive multiplayer online games.

Im sure PC games will continue to run for a while yet because of games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 but that is only 2 games and there are a lot of games being rleased similar to WOW now for free to play on the net.

.... yet WoW still has 10 Million subscribers (me being one of them).

Still, PC gaming is here to stay. It's an entirely different beast to console gaming.

As long as FM is being produced PC gaming will live ;)

I would'nt put too much faith in that, FM 2010 is out on PS3 and it wont be long till the console buy the rights to the game.

The main problem with gaming is the ammount of kids that use the XBOX or the PS3 and the financial reach of the consumer, most households now whether it be the adults or the children have some kind of console to which it would cost in the region of £200.00, compare that to a gaming pc of at least £400.00 and there is one clear winner, add that to the fact that online gaming does not only come with PC's and you struggle to justify spending £200.00 more on a PC, which takes up more room, can cause worry with the kids surfing the net and is way more complicated to run.

Past years Games used to be made for PC with haste because of the deals with graphics card company's and such, buy this new RAM and watch how fast the game runs etc, but now the the company's supply the same equipment to the consoles without being solely responsible for their performance to the public, each console is built the same way as a PC but less complex and less cost and every one is of an even gaming level apart form internet connection.

I dont want to go on but to make a small example of this is the Call of Duty series, this game was the first massive multiplayer game on pc, it sparked a generation of people playing games with people from around the world, it was massive, they made a second for PC it was huge, then they made a third for consoles only, it flopped...it was too soon, then on the fourth they made it for PC and Console, it was there biggest seller ever and prompted more people away from PC's for gaming, then came the fifth which didnt dissapoint but less people bought it for the PC than any other format, then came the sixth which they made for Console and ported the game to the PC which caused massive uproar because of so many problems with cheaters and connection problems.

Many people slag off the choice of infinity ward to create the game the way they did for PC users but when you look at it the bigger picture it seems to have been done to drive people away from the PC to consoles, people didnt fail to see the faults and signed a petition which grew to over half a million stating that they had been ripped off simply because the game didnt work and PC games cant be returned.........more than 15 of the top people resigned from Infinity Ward after this, meaning the company would have to employ nearly a full staff of designers.

I love building gaming PC's and have done for years and I wish the PC gaming would go on but the smart money goes to the console while the pc becomes the internet tool for the facebook addicts. What Kids want kids get and the market was quick onto this.

.... yet WoW still has 10 Million subscribers (me being one of them).

Still, PC gaming is here to stay. It's an entirely different beast to console gaming.

I agree, I am one of these subscribers too and play all my games on the pc but if the Console taps into this market (and they easily could) what then?

Warcraft will have to end soon and a new one be brought out, do you really think they will ignore the massive ammount of gamers that pay for updates and expansions on the console?

It is such an easy market to get 10 million kids addicted on the XBOX and too have such easy control over how they pay for their updates, how many people play Warcraft on private servers? How many people play games like Warcraft? Bang them all into one with a easy way to control payment method and your a billionaire, dont tell me it has'nt been thought about.

Archived