BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No More Births At Royal Blackburn

Think I'll book Park Lee Road well in advance !

Park Lee has been overwhelmed with enquiries. They have had to take on far more staff than originally anticipated and are still taking on extra staff. You are only 'forced' to go to bumley if you require a surgeon to be present or if there have been certain complications during the pregnancy. If it is a standard midwife birth Park Lee is available providing there is room.

Park Lee or go private for me.

Park Lee has been overwhelmed with enquiries. They have had to take on far more staff than originally anticipated and are still taking on extra staff. You are only 'forced' to go to bumley if you require a surgeon to be present or if there have been certain complications during the pregnancy. If it is a standard midwife birth Park Lee is available providing there is room.

Park Lee or go private for me.

Are you sure about this statement?

Are you sure about this statement?

I am. Burnley is only absolutely necessary if there is the need for surgeons or if there are complications with the birth. Any straightforward birth that only requires a midwife can be carried out at Park Lee.

The issue is that Park Lee is not big enough to cope with demand from the whole of the Blackburn area. When Park Lee maternity unit was formed in Blackburn a number of staff from Burnley Maternity unit applied for posts there and were moved straight over as demand for staff is so high.

From what I know 75% of births are expected to take place in Burnley, around 25% at Park Lee giving them approximately 950 per annum.

Well the median IQ level of people born in Burnley should increase dramatically; inversely the incestuous relationships ratio per family should decline.

This is all great news for Burnley, publicity speaking of course.

Archived