BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let'S Just Kiss And Make Up

beerwins everyone is entitled to their point of view. What no one is entitled to do is act in an aggressive or bullying manner. There are too many examples where members, who seem pretty much middle of the road in their views, are characterised by others as "bottle merchant," "arsehole," "left wing PC #####," "tosser." I don't find this acceptable in everyday life and see no reason why it should be acceptable here.

I feel many interesting contributors have stopped posting because they have been or do not enjoy others being subjected to this sort of language. If it were to occur, for example in a pub, I would either leave the conversation or question the individual acting in that manner - it would depend on my frame of mind at the time. There are far too many threads one cannot contribute to for wishing to avoid being responded to in this manner. As I feel quite strongly about this I've chosen to comment rather than leave the conversation alone - frame of mind you see.

If this is self-righteous, holier than thou or in anyway unacceptable than I apologise. However I cannot accept or understand, nor would I wish to be part of, a conversation where it is acceptable to describe those you disagree with as "left wing PC ####" regardless of how one's background may have an influence. As a consequence some posters avoid commenting on subjects meaning those who hold views many would not find acceptable go unchallenged. That is a dangerous situation. I realise this leaves me open to being PC and leftwing, something which is a long way from reality.

Sadly this has trickled down as far as the football content with posters often characterised as "not proper fans" if their views don't match those of other MBers.

The point of the thread was to give everyone the oportunity to as it says, "Kiss and make up"

Some just turn it into an opportunity to point score again!

Whoooosh!

Wish I hadn't bothered now!

Should I have quoted all the posts where I was insulted? NO! because that wasn't the object of this thread. The object was to let bygones be bygones and move on. But like I said some just want to use it as an opportunity to get a little dig in,talk about missing the point. :blink:

theres too many pompus ,im more educated than you people on here these days. I know one or two who dont post here much any more because it and the reason i dont post as much as i used too.Then you have stalkers ..in the words of the song "things aint what they used to be"...cue my stalker..

theres too many pompus ,im more educated than you people on here these days. I know one or two who dont post here much any more because it and the reason i dont post as much as i used too.Then you have stalkers ..in the words of the song "things aint what they used to be"...cue my stalker..

well said

The real question here should be 'Why do I end up with a capital S after an apostrophe' ?

See, there ya go trying to provoke an argument :wacko: Couldn't possibly have been a typo could it?

Go back read the title of the thread. Try and grasp the concept. If you all ready have and really think this is a pointless thread, then why are posting on it? Just trying to turn it into another row?

See, there ya go trying to provoke an argument :wacko: Couldn't possibly have been a typo could it?

Go back read the title of the thread. Try and grasp the concept. If you all ready have and really think this is a pointless thread, then why are posting on it? Just trying to turn it into another row?

It's not a typo, it's happened on other threads, must be a glitch with the board, look at 'Prison Doesn'T Work'

I can't reply to your question as it will look like I'm starting an argument, bit like that Monty Python sketch.

I think you're right, we should all have a coke and a smile, think happy thoughts and believe in baby jesus :tu:

Laugh...I nearly wet myself.

It's a bit rich this coming from you of all people.

Less than two days ago you were rude,confrontational,objectionable...(I could go on but can't be a***d) to various posters-not to mention clearly threatening Tony Gales' Mic- and now,miraculously, want a love-in.

Struggling to take you seriously..err 'dude'(you seem to like the Bill & Ted-isms).

If you want threads to stay pleasant and decent lead by example rather than espouse "do as I say,not as I do...."

:wstu: ....I've added this simply to highlight that you were throwing these around like confetti the other day at anyone who had the temerity to not want to get into a fist-fight like you,and who was then accused of cowardice and various other outlandish slurs by your good self....

Thanks so much for entering into the spirit of the thread.

Otto deserves credit for suggesting a truce. This Board needs a new start. That won't happen if others entrench in the position that "you've done me wrong and so I'm not listening to you." Very few on this board have conducted themselves as gentlemen (or ladies, as the case may be) at all times (myself included) and self-righteousness reactions to his suggestions are not helpful. That mentality only perpetuates the cycle.

So cheers to Otto. And here's hoping that others decide to bury the hatchet and move on in a more civil fashion when discussing items of interest with their fellow Rovers' fans.

Cheers Dude! Thank you for taking this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. :tu:

Admin should start an Argument Forum, for those of that dispostion. Along the lines of the Monty Python sketch.

Member- Ah, Is this the right thread for an argument?

Mod- I told you once.

Member- No you haven't.

Mod- Yes I have.

Member- When?

Mod- Just now.

Member- No you didn't.

Mod- Yes I did.

Member- You didn't

Mod- I did!

Member- You didn't!

Mod - I'm telling you I did!

Member- You did not!!

Mod - Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Theno - Oh, just the five minutes..............

Then when they've got it off their chests, members can join in the main board discussions with constructive debate ;)

The ONLY thing members on this messageboard have in common is an interest in Blackburn Rovers......& we can`t even agree on that! :rolleyes:

A commendable attempt at a truce from Otto, but tbh it`s never gonna happen.

I can only suggest that a 'treat others as you`d like to be treated yourself' attitude towards posting & you won`t go far wrong.

Arguements will always happen. It`s the nature of a messageboard, but some take the personal insults a bit too far.

I`m sure the mods who oversee the board can also see who the 'personal insulters' are. I`m not suggesting warnings or bannings, but maybe a 'word in their ear' over conduct may go some way towards making BRFCS a friendlier place to frequent.

:brfc:

Archived