BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let'S Just Kiss And Make Up

I for one am thoroughly naffed off with the way every thread seems to degenerate into personal attacks, back biting and abusive posting to the point that the Mods have no option but to lock the thread in question. It's now getting to the point where thread after thread is being locked and that's spoiling the enjoyment for us all and denying us all a platform to express our views(which we all should be able to do without fear of attack) I believe the purpose of this message board is for us all to come together as a united brotherhood(not forgetting our fairer sisters too!)and discuss the pro's and con's of the club about which we are all passionate.

Are you up for it my Blue and White Family? :tu:

I for one am thoroughly naffed off with the way every thread seems to degenerate into personal attacks, back biting and abusive posting to the point that the Mods have no option but to lock the thread in question. It's now getting to the point where thread after thread is being locked and that's spoiling the enjoyment for us all and denying us all a platform to express our views(which we all should be able to do without fear of attack) I believe the purpose of this message board is for us all to come together as a united brotherhood(not forgetting our fairer sisters too!)and discuss the pro's and con's of the club about which we are all passionate.

Good luck with that one Otto! :lol:

Peace all! B):wub:

Decided to move it to here as it is a bit more appropriate.

There will hopefully be some changes to the setup here soon and a push towards users sticking to the posting guidelines they agreed to upon sign up.

HOORAY!!!! It's about time. (Enforcement of guidelines I mean).

the takeover is one of the biggest things in Rovers history and we arent presently able to talk about it. im sure that everyone would support a chance to talk again and a clamp down on the spoilers.

There seems to be a few - and it's always the same ones - who cannot accept that people have opinions that differ from theirs and seem to think that they are always right on everything and anyone who doesn't share their views is inferior. Their way of expressing this is usually via insult. I'm sure they and everyone else knows who they are.

Laugh...I nearly wet myself.

It's a bit rich this coming from you of all people.

Less than two days ago you were rude,confrontational,objectionable...(I could go on but can't be a***d) to various posters-not to mention clearly threatening Tony Gales' Mic- and now,miraculously, want a love-in.

Struggling to take you seriously..err 'dude'(you seem to like the Bill & Ted-isms).

If you want threads to stay pleasant and decent lead by example rather than espouse "do as I say,not as I do...."

:wstu: ....I've added this simply to highlight that you were throwing these around like confetti the other day at anyone who had the temerity to not want to get into a fist-fight like you,and who was then accused of cowardice and various other outlandish slurs by your good self....

Guest bluerovers

Laugh...I nearly wet myself.

It's a bit rich this coming from you of all people.

Less than two days ago you were rude,confrontational,objectionable...(I could go on but can't be a***d) to various posters-not to mention clearly threatening Tony Gales' Mic- and now,miraculously, want a love-in.

Struggling to take you seriously..err 'dude'(you seem to like the Bill & Ted-isms).

If you want threads to stay pleasant and decent lead by example rather than espouse "do as I say,not as I do...."

:wstu: ....I've added this simply to highlight that you were throwing these around like confetti the other day at anyone who had the temerity to not want to get into a fist-fight like you,and who was then accused of cowardice and various other outlandish slurs by your good self....

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

Unfortunately, the latter are usually the more vocal and come on here for self-indulgence

This is the root of the problem.

This is a public forum, populated by mostly complete strangers, which in a real-life setting would have everyone on good behaviour. However, because it is accessed from a private setting, some people seem incapable of realising that other members do not want to share in their self-indulgence.

Insults passed off as 'humour', wannabe comedians, people quoting their own posts to 'prove' they were right and hence more knowledgeable, posters who demean posters who are less comfortable using a keyboard - none of these are in any way valued by other members. I use these criteria to drive my ignore list, but because there is a high correlation between these 'look at me' behaviours and post count, it is a far from perfect tool to be able to follow a logical sequence of posts.

One thought I had is can the software show how many posters have you on ignore, which might shame some of the worst cases into amending their behaviour.

The rude, aggressive and insulting posts you made a few days ago are typical of those which have contributed to the significant decline of this MB, to the point where many fans who held interesting views and opinions no longer bother to post. If you'd like us all to become a "united brotherhood" I suggest you begin with an unreserved apology for your posts in Kelbo's thread concerning the assault on his friend.

otto man 29/09/2010:

Well you "presume" too much then don't ya!

A dish best served cold? Yeah, try explaining that to your best mate when he's on life support after standing on an anti personnel mine, cos you didn't have the courage to step in and help him...Dress it up how you like.... You wouldn't help your mate because you aint got the bottle... End of!

Hang your head in shame!....... Bottle merchant!

Arseholes like you lot are one of the reasons I left the UK.

Left wing PC ######!

Makes me laff, If that kid had have been a pakistani instead of a kid from Burnley, you'd have been up in arms, Terrible racist hate crime, etc. etc.

A dish best served cold...... That's really gonna be a comfort to his wife and kids....Tosser!

The rude, aggressive and insulting posts you made a few days ago are typical of those which have contributed to the significant decline of this MB, to the point where many fans who held interesting views and opinions no longer bother to post. If you'd like us all to become a "united brotherhood" I suggest you begin with an unreserved apology for your posts in Kelbo's thread concerning the assault on his friend.

otto man 29/09/2010:

Well im sure that some things you would see in the army are slightly different to what you would see in the office, that doesnt make what Otto said right or wrong but but it puts your mind in a different state.

Whether you like it or not the army's culture is your look after your man next to you and he will look after you and in some tours this rule may well save your life, some people forget that the same rule does'nt apply in civvy street but considering their life depends on it for their work im sure that could be forgiven.

Before criticizing someones post maybe it would'nt do you harm to think as to why a certain individual feels so strongly about something instead of just blurting out that that was out of order and maybe you should apologise, did it ever occur to you that this man lives by a different set of values than you? Here he is basically stating mistakes were made and things got out of hand so lets make a new start, but you want more.

I in the past have had plenty of things happen such as the one Otto was refereing to from both sides of the coin which helps me to understand both sides of the arguement, but I certainly would'nt be the one to tell him to apologise for his post, or are you just another that is holier than thou?

Game set and match to Paul.

Web sites such as these will always be populated by agressive arguementative & rude people who would never say to someone's face what they would happily put in via a keyboard. I'm probably guilty of this, so no excuses from me.

You've only got to go into the "Football365.com" web site forum to see the vast amounts of pointless abusive carping that is posted there. You need to go to somewhere like Gardeners Question Time to get the true use of the web where people actually help each other.

I only mention GQT as an example. There are loads of other chat forums where posters are there to help and advice others, rather that call them cnuts.

In the meantime, I wish you all a happy 2nd October and I hope all your winter field beans grow to their full potential.

Happy gardening to you all.

Otto deserves credit for suggesting a truce. This Board needs a new start. That won't happen if others entrench in the position that "you've done me wrong and so I'm not listening to you." Very few on this board have conducted themselves as gentlemen (or ladies, as the case may be) at all times (myself included) and self-righteousness reactions to his suggestions are not helpful. That mentality only perpetuates the cycle.

So cheers to Otto. And here's hoping that others decide to bury the hatchet and move on in a more civil fashion when discussing items of interest with their fellow Rovers' fans.

Game set and match to Paul.

Web sites such as these will always be populated by agressive arguementative & rude people who would never say to someone's face what they would happily put in via a keyboard. I'm probably guilty of this, so no excuses from me.

You've only got to go into the "Football365.com" web site forum to see the vast amounts of pointless abusive carping that is posted there. You need to go to somewhere like Gardeners Question Time to get the true use of the web where people actually help each other.

I only mention GQT as an example. There are loads of other chat forums where posters are there to help and advice others, rather that call them cnuts.

In the meantime, I wish you all a happy 2nd October and I hope all your winter field beans grow to their full potential.

Happy gardening to you all.

I've been having a large number of snails in my garden lately.

Whats the best way to get ride of them -

I've been having a large number of snails in my garden lately.

Whats the best way to get ride of them -

We have several blue tongue lizards that absolutely lerve snails. Whether they can afford the airfare and stand the cold is another matter.

beerwins everyone is entitled to their point of view. What no one is entitled to do is act in an aggressive or bullying manner. There are too many examples where members, who seem pretty much middle of the road in their views, are characterised by others as "bottle merchant," "arsehole," "left wing PC #####," "tosser." I don't find this acceptable in everyday life and see no reason why it should be acceptable here.

I feel many interesting contributors have stopped posting because they have been or do not enjoy others being subjected to this sort of language. If it were to occur, for example in a pub, I would either leave the conversation or question the individual acting in that manner - it would depend on my frame of mind at the time. There are far too many threads one cannot contribute to for wishing to avoid being responded to in this manner. As I feel quite strongly about this I've chosen to comment rather than leave the conversation alone - frame of mind you see.

If this is self-righteous, holier than thou or in anyway unacceptable than I apologise. However I cannot accept or understand, nor would I wish to be part of, a conversation where it is acceptable to describe those you disagree with as "left wing PC ####" regardless of how one's background may have an influence. As a consequence some posters avoid commenting on subjects meaning those who hold views many would not find acceptable go unchallenged. That is a dangerous situation. I realise this leaves me open to being PC and leftwing, something which is a long way from reality.

Sadly this has trickled down as far as the football content with posters often characterised as "not proper fans" if their views don't match those of other MBers.

How about a return of the minus rep button but only for those who have earned enough positive rep points. (a privilege that would be lost if you get enough minuses to fall below the required rep score).

Also limit the number of minus reps a poster can "award" in a set period. This would avoid using minuses just for the mischief of it.

Just a suggestion.

Archived