BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers TV

During christmas I spent some time reading history books and the like to cheer myself up a little bit, and got reminded of the beautiful TV studio Rovers had (or has) back around 2000 I think it was.

The studio was described as super modern and so good that any media person in the UK would be proud to work with such a great set of equipment. There was a full on studio like the one you see on SSN or any other network. Is this still there, or is it gone completely? I few years ago (I don't think more than 3-4 years) Rovers TV got aired on norwegian tv, it was supposed to air once every week, but they stopped after the first programme. This was the same set up as Man Utd, AC Milan and Chelsea had back then. It was very exciting, but unfortunately I didn't have access to the channel, so I couldn't see the show.

Is it just the Rovers Player now, or do we have the facilities to do a full blown broadcast from a studio still?

During christmas I spent some time reading history books and the like to cheer myself up a little bit, and got reminded of the beautiful TV studio Rovers had (or has) back around 2000 I think it was.

The studio was described as super modern and so good that any media person in the UK would be proud to work with such a great set of equipment. There was a full on studio like the one you see on SSN or any other network. Is this still there, or is it gone completely? I few years ago (I don't think more than 3-4 years) Rovers TV got aired on norwegian tv, it was supposed to air once every week, but they stopped after the first programme. This was the same set up as Man Utd, AC Milan and Chelsea had back then. It was very exciting, but unfortunately I didn't have access to the channel, so I couldn't see the show.

Is it just the Rovers Player now, or do we have the facilities to do a full blown broadcast from a studio still?

Perhaps we may soon see it back for indian TV. It can't be a bad idea if we want to start a good revenue stream from over there.

Rovers TV, even over the internet with a world wide stream, is an outstanding idea. I think there would be a market with a monthly subscription fee (10 pounds?). I'm not sure how that would conflict with the current PL broadcast contracts though.

Heck, if they have the studio already, broadcast the reserves and academy matches, and interview players and management. Maybe could even do post match analysis of the Rovers PL games without running afoul of Sky, ESPN, Fox or other 'exclusive' broadcast rights.

Iv mentioned all this before...im sure this idea will already be in the pipeline.

so long as its not broadcast in the local area, its a great idea. I think in america they dont show the American football home games in a certain vacinity to the ground.

so long as its not broadcast in the local area, its a great idea. I think in america they dont show the American football home games in a certain vacinity to the ground.

They wont be able to show live games anyway so local area isnt a problem.

They should however show re-runs of games, highlights, after match analysis, manager/ player interview, youth games, reserve game etc.

That would be absolutely ACE if they could do reserve games and such, plus interviews and other happenings from the club. Would probably cost a lot though, but I know Liverpool airs a lot of reserve games. My mate is all up on them, and so would I if we did the same. What other chance do we get to see our young guns that are not quite up for the 1st team yet? I'm sure the Venkys would be happy to have their own TV source back in India aswell.

Only if they're not sold out, which is rare with most clubs.

Archived