BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox Kinect

For the life of me I can't see how to switch between standard games and Kinect games. For the moment we have to unplug the Kinect thingy to use ordinary games. That can't be right?

Its a load of crap Paul. For the love of me, i cant understand why you bought Kinect ;):lol:

Have you tried google Paul? Or just contact Microsoft. It seems odd, that you have to unplug the kinect, to switch between Kinect games and standard games.

Thanks Glenn, it's as I feared. I had to ring a 19 year old to help me reset the Xbox last night. :lol:

Got the Kinect for Tom but for him to tell the difference between the Kinect games and standard Xbox games is very difficult. So far we've only been successful with another person being able to make the switch for him, though he can run his standard games perfectly. As he's away from home this is proving a bit of a trial, I'd hoped the switch would be automatically detected by the Xbox but apparently not.

It may not be something for hardened gamers but it's a barrel of laughs for the family. It was an absolute hoot at Christmas. Clever stuff if not very sophisticated!!

Agree I bought one on a whim at Christmas and it's great fun for parties and for families. Mind, there are some proper dire games out there. The only two games worth playing are Kinect sports and Dance Central. The rest of the games range from average to damn right awful - although you've got to expect that with new technology of this type - huge potential though - perhaps not for the mass gamers market just yet but great family fun.

Archived