BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackberry

so i have the HTC, but i also have a Blackberry 9700 Bold. In terms of work purposes, i find having the Blackberry so essential.

What i want to know, are there any guys still in favour of Blackberry over other devices?

From a cost saving perspective, its saving me money, as there are no unlimited data packages available for mobile phones. So for around 5 pounds, i can get the BIS and browse and send as much emails as i want.

Not too sure on how good apps are, so any advice would be great.

Ta

Isgak

I recently got a Blackberry Torch, very pleased with it.

It doesn't do games, but I can't imagine ever wanting to play games on my phone. Apps are overpriced on the Blackberry store.

The internet is pretty good on it, although it doesn't run Flash. Battery life is good, the OS is very slick, and it was about half the price of an iPhone.

One additional benefit is that I still haven't seen anyone else using one. Every time I take a train, it seems like 8 out of 10 people nearby are using iPhones.

anybody know how to resolve a white screen problem? The phone is working, but then just fades and goes into a blank white screen. When i hit the standby button, it comes back on for a while, and then does the same thing.

Im thinking that either my lcd is faulty, or a hardware issue.

Any suggestions?

the storm aint waterproof lol,dropped it in a manhole for 20mins.Still arguing with insurence. Looks like by the time its sorted my upgrade will be due ,so hoping for new blackberry ,upgrade my phone and sell the new blackberry on,how much are they going for ?

• 3 weeks later...

I love my bberry torch, goes very well with my playbook. it doesnt have a billion apps like apple or android but has all the apps i need like facebook , twitter, evernote etc. if you are looking for a phone to play games on buy a droid, if its for email and work you cant beat blackberry with its excellent notification system and docs to go.

Archived