BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton vs Rovers

Going back to the original Q&A's Mercerman and they had already stated they didn't think we had anybody who could hurt us or step upto the mark - which yet again would appear to have been the case.

Wasn't at Goodison and normally don't read too much in to media reports as normally they can vary from one to the next, however every bit of media I have come into contact with since the game be it tv/radio/or newspaper (and on here) all sing from the same hymn sheet.

Lacklustre, passionless, clueless, no attacking threat (except to ourselves), no determination , no energy ... need I go on - Although I'm in disagreement with Gav re Kean, I do agree that there should be no booing during the games (should be saved for pre kick off or after games) and revert back to what I have been constantly saying with regard to the hillbilly in that he should be treated as a none entity until the end of the season.

For those there at Goodison - was the booing during the game - has it come to a head now that all efforts have to be centred on getting Kean removed?

I picked up a sports supplement yesterday from a newspaper on my way home on the train - and as posted above the vein of the report was in very much the same tone about our play or lack of it, but there was a quote from David Dunn along the lines that all the lads are determined and their hearts are in it .. really David? :blink:

Now it could have been just lip service for the paper, but if that is the case then we are certainly heading down, because if Saturday's game and the last two months are anything to go by and just adds further recriminations gainst the imposter.

As I have posted previously - we cannot continue to go into games with only 2 or 3 players showing anything along the lines of fight & determination- we need a team of gut busters and to start to try and dictate games by sheer might of everybody pulling together from the start.

We are so severely lacking in urgency in our game and lack idea and creativity in play that its just downright so frustrating to see for the fans and is resulting in the issues as what happened at Ewood.

What is quite evident is that Kean & sidekick needs to be removed with immediate effect (even moreso now) despit the stage of the season to give us the remotest chance of actually staying up.

I still think it will come to the last game at Wolves but if we carry on as we are at the moment, I think it will be the case that we either need to win the game to stand even a chance probably on goal difference or will already be down.

There were songs for Kalinic and when everyone saw Roberts coming on there were boos. Lots of loud chants of "Steve Kean's a w@*&£r I wanna go home." Lots of venom directed at Kean throughout the game and at the end of the game there was a huge boo and no fans wanted to clap the players and Salgado looked embarrassed and shattered. It was a shambles mate, the fans knew it and so did the players. Most players ran off down the tunnel whilst a few got gestures as they came over (Pedersen etc).

Dunny didn't took too determined at the Eagle at Barrow on Sunday - happily smoking a cigar and sipping a pint with his 8/10 mrs and his little girl.

Nice range rover as well.

This is what annoys me. If I was getting paid so much a week I would be in tip top fighting condition. It's appalling how footballers can't keep themselves fit. I like Dunny (met him a few times and know some of his family) but it frustrates me how he can't keep in shape.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks John. I feel better now.

Seriously though, we need to consign this match to history and get on with the next 5 games - starting Monday. Then 4, then 3, then... until there is no hope left.

Whilst I see the point you are making, dragging up this kind of gloating story isn't going to help anyone.

Not trying to make any point, just illustrating how others (not involved with the club) view things.

Agree, time to move on and look to the next game for a win hopefully, but we have been saying that for a few months now.

Barry Horne: Blackburn Rovers victory was as easy as they come for Everton FC

I was lucky enough to be at Goodison Park lastweek to witness as easy a victory as you will see in the Premier League, with Blackburn swept aside

It sounded like the Everton crowd (from the radio) weren't thinking Blackburn were easily swept aside in the first half... The commentators said they were frustrated with their own team and were getting quite angry.

It sounded like the Everton crowd (from the radio) weren't thinking Blackburn were easily swept aside in the first half... The commentators said they were frustrated with their own team and were getting quite angry.

Of course it was easy RotheyRover. It was a doddle for them - injuries and all.

Archived