BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Writers Player Of The Year

No morten, the media gravitate towards the clubs at the top of the league- annoying as they eat up all the publicity, but perfectly understandable.

Bias (though often unconcious), is when clubs are not at the top- ie Liverpool, West Ham, Newcastle but they get constant media support and coverage ie 'Newcastle deserve a trophy', 'LFC have the most knowledgable fans in football' etc etc

Im still not hearing of many other candidates by the way. Charlie Adam? He's scored more goals clearly but Parker does more around the field and has contributed more to West Ham then Adam has to Blackpool. I know which one i'd rather have at Rovers in any case.

Morten - Do you honestly think Parker would have won it if he played for Blackpool, Wolves or West Brom ??

Matt Jarvis has played 35 times for Wolves, been their player of the year and has broke into the England squad yet barely gets a squeak of a mention anywhere.

So the argument against Parker is that as he's in a poor team its therefore easy for him to stand out. Does that mean that the award shouldn't ever be given out to a player from outside the top 5/6 teams?

A player has to be much better and more consistent to stand out from a team full of quality players. It has to be something really special to make a player from such an inconsistent average team win the award, and as good as he has played i dont think he deserves it.

If its so easy to take teams in the bottom half of the table then they should have also considered Odemwingie, Robinson, Nzogbia, Foster, Jarvis etc.

Archived