BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sports Science questions and answers

Hopefully someone can answer this.

I injuried my knee about 10 days ago when I was running at full speed and had a clash of knees (similar incident to what happened with Salgado against Bolton)

This was at training in the first 10mins so Sat out for about 5 mins and then ginegerly resumed and after a further 5-10 minutes was able to continue without any furter pain/discomfort.

I have played again about 3 times since and on the first 2 occasions felt ok. On the 3rd time before even playing felt like my knee was going to giveway.

Did the warmup done a couple of small sprints and was able to do it but felt week and felt Like I would fall over. I was able to play an hour feeling like this anyone know what I might have done.

Really need to keep my fitness up without injuring myself as I am playing a charity match at Ewood on the 16th of May any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Joints are complicated. You could either just have a knock or you might have to see a doctor and get an MR to see if there's any damage done to the soft tissue in your knee. Where are you experiencing pain, does it feel muscular or from "inside" or behind the knee cap?

Joints are complicated. You could either just have a knock or you might have to see a doctor and get an MR to see if there's any damage done to the soft tissue in your knee. Where are you experiencing pain, does it feel muscular or from "inside" or behind the knee cap?

Thanks for the reply I wouldnt say it pain per se more like discomfort and just feeling like it will give way, but the discomfart is definateley not from behind the knee cap

Guest roverite1991

Loved your reply Maj haha, I'd prefer he sat in the stand too. On a serious and unrelated note, is there any sort of warm-up or stretching or some kind of daily routine you would recommend for a 20yr old getting back into golf this year? I run regularly and I'm in reasonable shape (slight belly but it's going down) so I should be able to handle a decent programme.

I only ask because I have spoken to different friends who are all either pro's or teachers or have VERY low handicaps (into 'minus' territory) and they all give me conflicting advice. I figure an actual coach (as yourself) rather than a teacher will give me advice that's more sound......no pressure, like ;P

Why arent football boots built like the high quality end running shoes i.e in cushion and support ?

If they are, are they in black, and where can you get some from, many thanks.

Why arent football boots built like the high quality end running shoes i.e in cushion and support ?

If they are, are they in black, and where can you get some from, many thanks.

Football boots are designed to be light and to give you a 'feel of the ball'. Personally I wear a size too small for extra feel. You can however buy insoles with extra cushion.

Archived