BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Weddings down at Ewood

Hi, im a avid reader of the messageboard but not a writer, Need Help, Has anyone on here had a wedding or been to a wedding down at Ewood?

if so whats your opinion? any good? bad or indifferent? is it expensive? my daughter got engaged this weekend both season ticket holders!

Started thinking of venues for the big day and where better than Ewood Park,

please give me your opinions Thanks

When we were looking at venues for our wedding the first place I thought of was Ewood Park. Due to the number of people who were invited it just wasn't possible for our budget. Would have loved for it to be there - we settled for a blue & white theme.

I was lucky enough to be at the evening part wedding of two BRFCS members a few years ago (who may or may not choose to name themselves) and as a guest it was a fantastic venue. They used pennants lounge, which sadly since then no longer contains all the memorabilia it once did, but still great all the same.

Thanks for the feedback so for, its a long way down the road for the big day no date set as yet, no figures of how many guest, are we talking big money Ohmi? sorry if you feel im being presumtuous, just need a rough idea, might have to knock some away games on the head!

doowe.

I come on here to get away from the talk of weddings in our house (my daughters getting married in 2 weeks time, and now youve spoilt it :lol:

You will soon realise that your life has come to a standstill as mother and bride start planning all the necessities involved.

Take it from my, its a nightmare thats lasted over 12 months - thank goodness it will be all over in two weeks time

Now then doowe

I am getting married at Ewood on 27th July

It is not expensive at all compared to most of the quotes you will find for receptions etc.

Infact its ruddy cheaper than my local golf club!!

Contact Northcote @ Rovers - They will sort you out with a pack with all prices that you will need.

Any questions and i will try and help now and will certainly help when i get back.

Cant wait!!

Thanks for the feedback so for, its a long way down the road for the big day no date set as yet, no figures of how many guest, are we talking big money Ohmi? sorry if you feel im being presumtuous, just need a rough idea, might have to knock some away games on the head!

It depends on personal budget really, but I have a large family and one of the rooms can hold up to 400 people. Would have been difficult to say people couldn't come but others. If you get what I mean. We ended up with a room that any held 80 people and it was great.

Fair play to anyone that does get married at Ewood. We would have loved to do so.

doowe.

I come on here to get away from the talk of weddings in our house (my daughters getting married in 2 weeks time, and now youve spoilt it :lol:

You will soon realise that your life has come to a standstill as mother and bride start planning all the necessities involved.

Take it from my, its a nightmare thats lasted over 12 months - thank goodness it will be all over in two weeks time

I couldn't wait to get married. So I could stop pretending to be interested in every minor detail!

So living in Texas I didn't really have the option to get married at Ewood. But my Groom's Cake was the Rovers crest, so that was something!

...sadly the fixtures came out after the date was set, so I ended up missing one of the Burnley fixtures. Had to check my phone in an airport in Costa Rica to get the score!

Now then doowe

I am getting married at Ewood on 27th July

It is not expensive at all compared to most of the quotes you will find for receptions etc.

Infact its ruddy cheaper than my local golf club!!

Contact Northcote @ Rovers - They will sort you out with a pack with all prices that you will need.

Any questions and i will try and help now and will certainly help when i get back.

Cant wait!!

Thanks for the input, i hope you and your future wife have a wonderful day,and if you can find time afterwards let me know your views. Thanks

We had our reception at Ewood Park in May 2008 (in the Pennants Lounge as was) ... and can't speak highly enough of the whole experience. Nothcote Offsite were brilliant.

From the early planning, through the finer details, access and support to set up the day before, and the day itself which was just perfect.

Take away that it's the home of BRFC - and our praise would still be as positive. But the fact that you can see the hallowed turf outside (or sand in our case - they'd not long re-seeded the pitch :lol: ) just added to the whole thing for us (bear in mind we met because of the Rovers).

The food was one of the biggest winners, and in the comments / cards / feedback we got after the event that aspect got loads of praise. It's got the Nigel Howarth stamp on it but executing the menu for so many guests isn't easy but it was done very very well indeed, and the all of the staff on the night were brilliant but especially the duty managers who couldn't do enough to make sure everything went well.

I've no idea what prices look like these days, but back then suffice to say that Ewood Park was such good value against the other options we looked at, that we were able to invite many more guests than we had initially thought possible.

Plenty of options for photos - we did most pitchside, but also some family ones in the boardroom, stag-do attendees in the home dressing room, and a real bonus was the "everyone" shots which can be difficult to set up at weddings.

Not in a footy stadium, the photographer sent everyone into the JW lower and of course the tiered seating is the perfect set up, and the results were really good and prob our favourite wedding photos, because you really can see everyone. I put some photos online for Nellybc to get an idea when he was asking the same questions some months ago, so if you want the link just drop me a pm.

Happy planning!!

• 1 month later...

Absoloutely amazing day. Best day of my life! Ewood Park has been the best wedding I have been to. Done 6 or 7 in the last couple of years. Couldn't do enough for me!! Will fill in finer details when i am back from honeymoon. Keep Ewood Park in your thoughts!!

Archived