BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

* Guarantee's of net's bulging are not guaranteed, unless it's at the Stadium of Light, oh hang on

I don't think I'll ever forget that miss! That is truly one of the worst misses of all time. I thought the commentator on Radio Lancs was overdoing it until I saw it on MoTD. Obviously Jason didn't mean to miss it but coming just as Allardyce had revitalised the entire club and it looked like we might at least have a chance to avoid relegation it had the effect of a low body blow.

I might just ring to hear his version. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day he still gets paid whether he scores or not, so there isnt much determination to push on and actually score. Someone has to give him a good kick up the arsehole!

Yeah he just doesn't want to score you're right. That's how it works.

You're an idiot.

I've met him a few times and he's one of the most charming chaps you could wish to meet so it's no surprise the Beeb have offered him this job. Never had the audacity to ask him what he puts in his boots - concrete or lead. Perhaps someone could ring in and ask him.

It just shows you that in this day and age media companies would rather employ retired sports stars than trained journalists/broadcasters, which is why so many of us are scratching around for work.

Seems a senisble move to employ a footballer either current or ex to comment on football. Otherwise you end up with cow arses like Jonathan Joseph (Spoony), Gabby Logan and Adrian Chiles

Archived