BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2012

Still in my 3rd season just had a 24 match unbeaten run in the league come to an end against Liverpool, the Liverpool old boy Coates in the 93rd minute decided tp play with the ball just outside the box get tackled then they scored, also just lost against City pretty annoyed another late goal, 2nd in the league still though 1 point from top, Topped my CL Group my group was

Real Madrid

Wolfsburg

Us (Rovers)

Sporting Lisbon

Beat Real Madrid 3-1 at home and drew to them away and won all my other matches, got Leverkusen in the next round should beat them but who knows, now in the Jan Transfer window just need a DM but have no money left whatsoever so will have to see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am playing as Elgin City. I couldn't get a 4-2-3-1 or variant thereof to work. Probably because my players were pretty awful for that formation.

Currently sitting 7 points clear using a 4-5-1 variant (normal back 4, 1xDMC, 2xMCs, AMR, AML and ST.

Struggling to renew players contracts. Some of these greedy gets want £70 a week and the board won't let me pay them that much!

• 1 month later...

Thought I would share this with you as my proudest moment in my career with Blackburn

Finished the season 2022 with a treble. The premier league was a bit touch and go with Liverpool leading the way for long parts of the season only to mess up their final run in of games. Then Spurs over took them and looked to come out of nowhere to steal the league from both Rovers and Liverpool with the crown being decided on on the final day of the season and who was I playing against?? None other than Spurs!

Below is the game between me and spurs followed by the final table. Below that is the FA Cup final against Chelsea and below that the Champions League final against Manchester City.

Soler was once again the player of the season. He is worth 35 million now having bought him for 4 million last season!!

woahmama.jpg

2022.jpg

facup22.jpg

CL22.jpg

jjsol22.jpg

Where as the club has a new owner/chairman there are still Venkys on the board. Vineeth and Venkatesh Rao are still with the club. Also Mahesh Gupta and Gandhi Babu are still there.

Simon Hunt is also listed as DOF.

Kean has no relative success since leaving rovers. His last job was with Cardiff getting them relegated. But he has had jobs with Scotland, Reading and Fulham.

That was the main reason I didn't put anyone other than Mrs D on the board for fm 11,as when she sold the others would still be there which is unlikely.

But the new researcher who took over after me did it his way. It is correct but does make the game less realistic.

The big post window update?

I've just watched (from afar; I refused to manage rovers under them so had 18mths with Bilbao and just jumped to Malaga) Desai leave and take Paul Hunt and Venkatesh with her. Balaji, Vinny and at least one other Indian are still there.

Incidentally, the new owners are a fans trust led by a local businessman and season ticket holder... Rovers finished bottom in the first season, Kean is gone and unemployed and they are now 5th in the championship in early march with a bare-bones squad of twenty players.

In my season in Apr 2023 and so far we (rovers) have won Charity Shield, European Super Cup, Club World Championship, League Cup. In the final of the FA Cup and Semi Final of Champions Cup and top of the Premier League.

Really hoping for a clean sweep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are lucky - I have turned Rovers into the best club in England and my board only give 800k for budget and I am over my 1.5 million wage budget! This has been the case for the last three seasons and no chance of chairman leaving cos he loves the club - greedy illegitimate!!

In other news Junior Hoillett has been promoted to manager of Watford! He left rovers in 2016 for 16 million to Arsenal and then a few years later went to Juventus.

• 2 weeks later...

Elgin City now playing in the Scottish First Division and we have £1 mill in the bank, but I can still only offer part time contracts. There doesn't seem to be provision to request that the board allow full time contracts.

Will I be stuck with part time contracts (in which case I suspect that I won't be able to get the Blacks and Whites any further up the ladder.

How can I sort this out?

Oh well....relegation in real confirmed, at least FM13 should be abit more interesting.

Hope the editor whoever he is on here? Updates the debt situation if it becomes clear, now that the owners CLAIM we are debt free.

This thread needs to be used alot more.

Currently in my fourth season with Augsburg (German second division). Initially started out at Rovers finished 7th in my first season, I then resigned as I had a horrendous start to the second season. Since then i've taken charge of Augsburg in the second division and im currently in my second full season with them at the top of the table after 11 games.

Signed a certain Robbie Cotton on a free! Quality Signing!

I am now into my 5th season with accy, my second in the Championship with them. I got them promoted from league 2 straight away, then league 1 via the play offs in the third season. The first season in the Championship was a huge step up, and with 4 games left I was on 42 points, Millwall on 50 and in the final non relegation place. I also had 4 of them top 6 to play.

Ended up getting 8 points from 12, Millwall got none and we stayed up on goal difference!

This new season is also there first YEAR I got a transfer budget, ended up getting Frimpong as my main signing on a free, with Nimely up front. Was second up to October then Swansealona came along and spanked me 6-1, at which point them game got switched off!

Loving it though, hopefully get them promoted this year, just for finance reasons. Likely get relegated straight away but would set us up for a fair while.

The problem I have Hughesy with the editing regarding Venkys loyalty is:

If I set it to the top then no one at the club gets sacked, whereas in reality it's just keanochio who they have the love in with.

The debt situation is another pain in the rear, clarify the money and I'll sort it!

The problem I have Hughesy with the editing regarding Venkys loyalty is:

If I set it to the top then no one at the club gets sacked, whereas in reality it's just keanochio who they have the love in with.

The debt situation is another pain in the rear, clarify the money and I'll sort it!

Maybe not to the top, but it does need to be quite high given we have nothing else to ho on aside keans reign.

Also will youth facilitys be dropped?

Lastly a few of the youth team need upping to a -7/8 pa

Cant you just put Kean as a favourite person of Desai? Increase the loyalty a bit, linked to that, should sort it.

Also I remember I set her finances to 12.Dont know if you changed them when you took over from me? Maybe lower them too.

Cant you just put Kean as a favourite person of Desai? Increase the loyalty a bit, linked to that, should sort it.

Also I remember I set her finances to 12.Dont know if you changed them when you took over from me? Maybe lower them too.

All already been done.

Youth facilities at Rovers have just had an upgrade and are up there with the best in the country.

That was my problem in fm 11 when he became manager. I had to base his stats off his old coaching stats plus the games he had managed us, and it happened to fall after the Liverpool game where we trounced them. So his stats where likely artificially inflated by me because of it.

How I got that wrong eh.

• 2 weeks later...

After an 18 month absence I am back on FM. I've missed it, big time.

I've started the game with the udpate - i.e. No Samba, no money for transfers and I'm 100k over the wage budget.

Played a few friendlies so far and we're scoring freely, but we're shipping them at an alarming rate at the other end.

You can't say this game isn't realistic!

I stopped playing this game originally as it's too time consuming to play it correctly. But we're heading into the summer here in Dubai...

That means 50 degree heat reduced working hours and lots of time spent indoors. Bingo.

Archived