BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2012

Steve Kean: talented young manager.

Someone is having a laugh.

I stopped managing Rovers in previous versions as I start off crap and don't like seeing us struggle even in games. However, its probably the only chance to get him out in any reality!

Started the demo with Rovers - surprised by how good we are. 7th in the League after 5 games. Draw at Arsenal, beat by City 2-1 and won the others. Budget of 500K to start with but now at 4M for Jan - Jones got an England call so extra cash there and sold a few of the reserves - like Goulon and Blackman. Really need a new RB. Sal is rated highly on it but always gets low marks. Loses out for pace all the time in the highlights - well they got that one right.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started the demo with Rovers - surprised by how good we are. 7th in the League after 5 games. Draw at Arsenal, beat by City 2-1 and won the others. Budget of 500K to start with but now at 4M for Jan - Jones got an England call so extra cash there and sold a few of the reserves - like Goulon and Blackman. Really need a new RB. Sal is rated highly on it but always gets low marks. Loses out for pace all the time in the highlights - well they got that one right.

Carlos Diogo is a free agent at the start of the demo. He is a pretty decent right back, especially with our budget.

29 years old, Uruguayan International. Will get a work permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded and played it last night.

Haven't played FM for a few years (since 2008) so a lot of changes, but enjoyed it.

Was Rovers (obviously) and currently 4 games in (3 Prem 1 LC)

Only made two signings, Antoine Siberski as a scout, who then scouted Luuk de Jong from Twente, (signed for 3.2m over 36 months)

Man City (h) 1-2 Goodwillie

Eveton (a) 0-3

Brentford (a) 2-1 Roberts, Nelsen

Arsenal (h) 2-1 N'Zonzi, de Jong

Last one I played was FM10. Lost interest when they just kept on adding more and more features designed to ###### you off.

Case in point - if you criticise a refereeing decision you get a warning from the FA. If you tell the truth in press conferences, players sulk. Pointless.

2 games in, won both 2-1 (Dann, Rochina vs chelsea and Yak, Jagielka og vs Everton)

Signed Diarra on a free, Elm for 6m, a young Right back 1m, Sanogo for 7m Papis Cisse for 15m all over 46 month (have to spend big to progress)

Sold Roberts 800,k and Cotton for 1.2m

Also a complete revamp of backroom staff.(Are our staff really that shocking?)

Indeed I am.

First of all congrats on all the effort you must have put in to get it all done.

I have posted on SI Forums but thought I'd put on here also

Callum O'Connor has left, he had joined Chorley at end of last season but never played, not sure where he is now

Dami Ajagbe also left now at Clitheroe http://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/afcamatc.htm

Julio Santa Cruz also left in January

Cameron Lindsay has gone to Wellington Phoenix in the A league http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...shortage/41808

Also in the U18s there is John Todd and John O'Sullivan, they are the same person!

Richard Matthewman resigned from the club in the Summer

Just thought I'd give you a few bits for next data update

Cheers :)

Someone want to explain this Steam thing to me please.

Can't load the game this morning just keeps launching the Steam thing and not actually starting the game even when I press on play the bloody thing.

HELP!!!!!!

Launch steam, go to libary, click football manager 12, then play. Once you have done that it should come up with a back box saying "Launching football manager 12" then will load your game.

If that doesnt work, I havent got a clue haha

Launch steam, go to libary, click football manager 12, then play. Once you have done that it should come up with a back box saying "Launching football manager 12" then will load your game.

If that doesnt work, I havent got a clue haha

Did that😔

Anyone got it??

Considering buying it but not sure?

Have Rovers got debt on the new one? and also what budget do you start with??

Many changes to the last version?

I've got it. Got it about 3 days before release - but couldn't play it due to the steam activation thing. So frustrating!

There are quite a few subtle changes as usual - all in all it is a better game than last time. The player interaction seems to be the main improvement.

Rovers start off with about 23m of debt IIRC. You get 500k to spend with a wage budget of 600k if you set the target as midtable.

I've started my first game with Rovers. Brought in Mahamadou Diarra and Marco Materazzi on a free. Also got Pavel Pogrebynak on loan and signed Leandro from Gremio for 9m. I sold Roberts, released Myles Anderson and also let Samba go to City for 20.5m. Felt it was too good an offer to turn down, and this let me spend money on a striker. I turned down 15m from Spurs from Olsson – as I felt he was too difficult to replace. Losing Samba wasn’t too bad – as Dann, Nelsen, Givet and even Hanley are all capable centre halves on it. Dann in particular seems quality.

Half way through the season and we’ve just dropped to 8th in the table after successive defeats at Old Trafford (1-0) and White Hart Lane (2-1). I’m playing a 4-4-2, with my first choice team being Robinson – Olsson, Dann, Nelsen, Salgado – Vukcevic, Petrovic, N’Zonzi, Hoilett – Yakubu, Goodwillie. There is quite a big gap from 9th to 10th – so I’m thinking we’re safely on course for a top 10 finish. We’re also in the semi-final of the league cup – where we’ll play Blackpool and will meet a Championship team in the final, so should qualify for Europe.

Yakubu is the top scorer in the Premier League – and Hoilett has a lot of assists. Goodwillie and Rochina have just picked up injuries ruling them both out for the season, so I’ve got Michael Owen on his way in January to boost our striking options.

Im 10 games in, sat 11th on the back of 5 games without a win. Held a team meeting then spankef villa the following game (27 shots to their 5)

Sadly cant play untill weekend now as both pcs are packed ready for moving.

Anyone else heard that there will only ve 1 patch?

Archived