BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It seems it's not just us that hate them .....

everybody else does too...

Puerile but soon to be immortal lines spoken by 'Will' (aka 'Briefcase Winker ;) ) from the new Inbetweeners film....

"I don't mind football, but I don't like Burnley; Burnley can (Please don't use that word again) off." :lol:

Apparently the cinemas around these parts and Preston have been erupting in spontaneous applause and cheering when that line is spoken.

As I put in the movie thread :). The rovers badge is in the scene straight after on a guy who was playing the part of a guy who had fought in afghan.

I was in a cinema in Preston and it went silent when they sang the anti nobber song followed by laughter and applause when wills narrative came out with that line.

• 2 weeks later...

The rovers badge is in the scene straight after on a guy who was playing the part of a guy who had fought in afghan.

I understand said actor is a relative of our ex chairman. I bet he had to pull a few strokes to get that line by Simon Bird inserted into the script but if that is the case then much credit for a job well done. :tu: imo such opportunism is right up there with "staying down 4 ever love rovers".

Archived