BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12 Rovers Reserves

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Parsonblue's match report for the loss to United's Reserves last Monday is now published to the front page here. My apologies for the delay in publishing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, anyone among the current crop good enough to take the step up to Championship football next season?

Short answer is no. The present crop of reserves have yet to win a home match this season, last week's win at WBA was only the second of the season. Adam Henley and Raheem Hanley are two young lads who have caught the eye and of course Henley has already forced his way into the senior team. Osawe and Haley are two powerful front runners but not really ready for the first team yet.

A number of players appear to have been released while Morris, who has been given a new contract, has gone backwards this season. Blackman and Slew have hardly looked the part and the less said about Anderson and Bruno the better. I've seen a bit of Evans whilst he has been on loan at Accrington Stanley in recent weeks and he looks far from ready for Championship football. He certainly hasn't impressed the Stanley fans.

There are one or two promising lads in the Youth set up but rumour has it that at the moment they have not been offered contracts. However, it's a huge step to go from Academy football, indeed Reserve football, to what is required in the Championship.

If people think that there is a wealth of talented youngsters ready to step up they are going to be disappointed. In a year or two I suspect there may well be one or two knocking on the first team door but it would be too easy to push them in at the deep end and ruin them.

Not to mention our Recruitment Manager leaving last year....At the moment its a very good academy, but you got to worry what will happen over the next couple of years....the fact that its right in the heart of the Ribble Valley is also concerning. I fully expect it to be stripped down and sold for real estate...

Short answer is no. The present crop of reserves have yet to win a home match this season, last week's win at WBA was only the second of the season. Adam Henley and Raheem Hanley are two young lads who have caught the eye and of course Henley has already forced his way into the senior team. Osawe and Haley are two powerful front runners but not really ready for the first team yet.

A number of players appear to have been released while Morris, who has been given a new contract, has gone backwards this season. Blackman and Slew have hardly looked the part and the less said about Anderson and Bruno the better. I've seen a bit of Evans whilst he has been on loan at Accrington Stanley in recent weeks and he looks far from ready for Championship football. He certainly hasn't impressed the Stanley fans.

There are one or two promising lads in the Youth set up but rumour has it that at the moment they have not been offered contracts. However, it's a huge step to go from Academy football, indeed Reserve football, to what is required in the Championship.

If people think that there is a wealth of talented youngsters ready to step up they are going to be disappointed. In a year or two I suspect there may well be one or two knocking on the first team door but it would be too easy to push them in at the deep end and ruin them.

I honestly felt Matty Pearson was a candidate to push on but no doubt Myles has pushed him out :angry:

As for a change of venue, Accy Stanley or a bit of cash for Chorley would be quite handy for Rovers fans

Archived