BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] good owners

des

I was watching tne QPR v newcastle match last night and it hit me how muvh the club had been turned around by the new owners in such a short time.

5-6 weeks ago must people thought the club was a joke (and the new tv programmes about QPR from last year only underlines this. However now it looks like its been reborn both on and off the pitch.

The good news for us it is that it can be done, things can be turned around, it only takes the right owners.

So as we face anew season I wonder which way we will go.

• Backroom

Fair play to the owners of QPR - they've spent wisely, lowered ticket prices (and refunded fans that had already paid upfront) and kept the manager in place rather than overhauling everything. Venky's could learn a thing or two. I think they'll finish above us this year.

• Backroom

QPR are similar to us in that they're fairly solid at the back, got good midfield creativity but have very little threat up front. I think they've got a half-fit DJ Campbell and Bothroyd at present - who I don't rate as a premiership player.

They've got a manager who will get them points, though, and having a real manager is the big advantage they hold over us.

QPR are similar to us in that they're fairly solid at the back, got good midfield creativity but have very little threat up front. I think they've got a half-fit DJ Campbell and Bothroyd at present - who I don't rate as a premiership player.

They've got a manager who will get them points, though, and having a real manager is the big advantage they hold over us.

Add Barton in midfield to the 'Good ownership' and real manager advantage.

Archived