BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Day

Happy Lancashire day everyone! Hotpot for tea?

Wiki

Know ye also, and rejoice, that by virtue of Her Majesty's County Palatine of Lancaster, the citizens of the Hundreds of Lonsdale, North and South of the Sands, Amounderness, Leyland, Blackburn, Salford and West Derby are forever entitled to style themselves Lancastrians. Throughout the County Palatine, from the Furness Fells to the River Mersey, from the Irish Sea to the Pennines, this day shall ever mark the peoples' pleasure in that excellent distinction - true Lancastrians, proud of the Red Rose and loyal to our Sovereign Duke.

The Hotpot is indeed in the oven. Just going to open a bottle of Thwaites' Double Century. Got some Smoked Lancashire, Crumbly Lancashire and Garstang Blue cheese for after the Hotpot.

Talking of Hotpot, I might have to watch some of The Lancashire Hotpots on You Tube too!

The Hotpot is indeed in the oven. Just going to open a bottle of Thwaites' Double Century. Got some Smoked Lancashire, Crumbly Lancashire and Garstang Blue cheese for after the Hotpot.

Talking of Hotpot, I might have to watch some of The Lancashire Hotpots on You Tube too!

Seriously good as a draft beer. Seriously strong too!

I know it well Colin, I was considering becoming one of those Lanky Freedom Fighters and pulling down those 'Welcome to Lancashire' signs you see when heading towards Samlesbury.

Whoo there Matty. Road signs mean nothing. They have no bearing on the historical County Of Lancashire. Both Blackburn & Blackpool are now politically unitary authorities and therefore have independance of Lancashire County Council. That doesn't mean that they are not part of the historic County. Similarly in the political re-oganisation of 1974 Furness became part of Cumbria; Greater Manchester & Merseyside also took political & administrative independance. They are all still part of the County for historical purposes.

Similarly land to the north of the Ribble were Yorkshire (Waddington & Gisburn for example.) 1974 saw it brought into the control of Lancashire County Council. They'll swear to their dying breaths that they are Yorkies. Thet are probably right.

Archived