BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best mobile phone as part of a free gift deal

Evening chaps.

I'm after a bit of advice.

I'm just about to get a TV as part of a phone/gift deal.

I've narrowed it down to two of the more entry level android phones..both very similarly priced.

Essentially it's either the Samsung Galaxy Ace or the HTC Wildfire.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge and go for the one which receives the most positive feedback.

Thanks in advance...

I also have the Wildfire and have got it running well but I have done a fair bit of research and a bit of modifying in Android. Depends if you can be bothered or enjoy that sort of thing and it has reduced battery life quite a bit. Also depends what you want to use the phone for as I just use it for Internet access and not video or music etc which it might not be great for.

A couple of people at work have it on the default settings and don't like it. I like the fact that it's small as some of the top smart phones these days aren't half getting big and it does the limited things I need it for e.g. as a phone and Internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Tesco interest free credit card

Go and purchase a telly in the jan sales

Get a HTC desire S on £18 a month contract from talk mobile and you'll probably still spend less in the long run.

Indeed. Never seen the advantage in these deals

You always end up paying more

Archived