BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Question The Jack Walker Trust?

Kamy100

Much though it might be tempting, I'm not sure how much blame can be laid at the door of the Trust. If Venky's had stuck to the assurances they gave in the 'Conditions of Sale' document (is that legally binding I wonder?) such as

seek to develop and improve commercial performance across sponsorship, the Club's kit deal

and general merchandising activity

will seek to enhance the fan experience at Ewood Park itself on match days (and non match

days) and to maximise season ticket sales and any remaining match day ticket sales

- those were given to BRFCI of which I think the Trust were a major part weren't they? - we'd be in a far better place now. Should the Trust have known they wouldn't keep to their assurances? Hard to give a definite yes there I feel.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tarnished Uncle Jack's legacy. They didnt do him right. They have to be held accountable and blamed but whats that going to get us? Nothing. They saw the money and ran. Pure and simple.

Can't blame em one bit. Venkeys have found out what a poisoned chalice and money pit ownership of a Premier league club is. Note Dave Whelan stated that after seeing the situation at BRFC that he will sell Wigan when he packs in rather than saddling his family with it.

I prefer to thank the Walker family for a ground to be proud of and 20 years of Premier League and European football including two major trophies that we would not have had a cat in hells chance of winning on our own bat. In a nutshell anybody who cribs them has been spoilt by success.

I'm a rovers fan of many years but I'd need a lot more money than Jack Walker had to take our lot on! To fund a load of Carlos Kickaballs to whom the word loyalty means diddly squat and to subsidise an entire town with cheap tickets in a virtual 'bribe a crowd' exercise is not for me. As the old saying goes...... 'My name's Billy Hunt... not Silly ****'.

Note Dave Whelan stated that after seeing the situation at BRFC that he will sell Wigan when he packs in rather than saddling his family with it.

You say that as though Jack had a choice! I hope Dave Whelan gets the chance to 'pack in' on his own terms.

I prefer to thank the Walker family for a ground to be proud of and 20 years of Premier League and European football including two major trophies that we would not have had a cat in hells chance of winning on our own bat. In a nutshell anybody who cribs them has been spoilt by success.

I'm a rovers fan of many years but I'd need a lot more money than Jack Walker had to take our lot on! To fund a load of Carlos Kickaballs to whom the word loyalty means diddly squat and to subsidise an entire town with cheap tickets in a virtual 'bribe a crowd' exercise is not for me. As the old saying goes...... 'My name's Billy Hunt... not Silly ****'.

I am very grateful to the trust - however the sale essentially had a conflict of interest in it, something recent statements have cleverly not highlighted <_<

Archived