BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] time for the players to speak out.

bluefred

i think your right ,but it would be a great way to show unity with the fans who

pay there wages.

SKY pay their wages, mate. A season ticket at Rovers pays less than 1% of Chris Samba's weekly wage (or around about an hour's wage for him). Even the sports package of my SKY subscription comes to probably a millionth of a % of each Premier League players wage when all tallied up. I stopped believing a long time ago that the players have loyalty to us because that's where their money comes from, because it isn't true.

I don't think that the players don't care about the fans. But it certainly isn't where their loyalty lies when it all comes down to it. It would be stupid of them if it was!

SKY pay their wages, mate. A season ticket at Rovers pays less than 1% of Chris Samba's weekly wage (or around about an hour's wage for him). Even the sports package of my SKY subscription comes to probably a millionth of a % of each Premier League players wage when all tallied up. I stopped believing a long time ago that the players have loyalty to us because that's where their money comes from, because it isn't true.

I don't think that the players don't care about the fans. But it certainly isn't where their loyalty lies when it all comes down to it. It would be stupid of them if it was!

that is only partly true. yes sky pays their salary indirectly, but sky sells tv rights and fans buy tv rights, so ultimately we pay their salary afterall. You could almost say that liverpool, united and arsenal fans pay for their salary :P

• Backroom

Very few of the players care what the fans think. Robbo, Nelsen, Salgado, Lowe, MGP... that's basically it. Two of those five have fallen foul of Kean and probably won't play for us again... one's been crocked for months... the other two don't have enough influence to make anything happen.

No point looking to the players for help, I'm afraid.

Archived