BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC on January 7th

I don't know if this has been mentioned before on here, so I apologise in advance if it has!

On Saturday 7th January (this coming Saturday) Chorley FC take on North Ferriby United.

Chorley are currently in some what of a financial crisis, with the club threatened to go into administration.

The club reported a £70,000 shortfall in the club's accounts.

The suspected theft was reported by the club in September and a 23-year-old local man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of false accounting but later released without charge.

A section of Rovers fans (The BRFC Action Group) who are currently behind the protests at our club, have decided that rather than paying £40+ to go and watch Rovers against Newcastle in the FA Cup that their money would be put to better use elsewhere, and support a local team instead.

The club are managed by former Rovers player Garry Flitcroft, while another ex-Rovers star Matt Jansen is player-coach.

The game will cost £10 per adult and I would like to urge as many fans as possible to come along and help the team out.

We would like as many fans as possible to come and get the maximum amount of money for the team, in a bid to aid their survival. If we could get even 500 fans to turn up, that would give the club £5000 to put towards their loss, and in turn help them keep out of administration.

Last but not least, we must not forget, that hopefully, we will get to watch some decent football, and hopefully have an enjoyable day out.

May aswell give your money to Burnley or Bolton if your giving it to a rival club.

Sorry but it should be Rovers or nothing, unless your genuinely going to watch live football or to help them out....not as a dig at your own club.....

May aswell give your money to Burnley or Bolton if your giving it to a rival club.

Sorry but it should be Rovers or nothing, unless your genuinely going to watch live football or to help them out....not as a dig at your own club.....

How on earth could Chorley be viewed as a rival club?

It's quite bizarre but my mother never went to a single football match until she was 58 (she's now 69); has now had a season ticket at Rovers for 4 seasons; and even started going regularly to Chorley last season when Rovers are away.

I'm going.

How on earth could Chorley be viewed as a rival club?

You go as part of the demo

You decide next season Rovers aint getting your money, and decide instead to go to a few games at Chorley. Rival as it becomes a competitor for our supporters cash.

Why don't you have a nice day out Hughesy, it sure as hell sounds like you need one!

Archived