BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Football Investment Fund

We've spoke about it but I start Uni in April so we're having to make cut backs. Hopefully enough people get involved because it's something I absolutely agree with and behind.

That's what I mean. There is a spot there to let us know what would be a realistic investment level for you. That info is very valuable to us as we do research into what structure would be feasible for getting as many fans as possible involved.

Thanks for the feedback!

So you are comparing your contribution to the club to Simon Garners....he earned the right to have an opinion.

Ive been on here for 8 years and I sure don't remember you prior to the last 2 weeks.......parasite.

Totally out of order. Man has come up with an idea of how to save the club. Been open about it. Put in a lot of effort. Willing to share and debate his idea. So to you such a person is a parasite.

Unbelievable.

I really can't believe you wrote that. Dan's obviously put a lot of time and effort into something which could help the club. A business consortium might or might not render his contribution unnecessary but only time will tell us that.

Why so hostile? I don't get it. Plenty of Rovers fans exist around UK and the rest of the world who have no other connection with Blackburn. We should welcome that. We are not exactly overrun with fans are we?

Wayne Wild apparently accepts him as a fan but you don't!

I do not always agree with your posts. But this time I do.

Good post.

Totally out of order. Man has come up with an idea of how to save the club. Been open about it. Put in a lot of effort. Willing to share and debate his idea. So to you such a person is a parasite.

Unbelievable.

Totally agree, and whatever the outcome or wherever it may lead, at least he is having a go

So you are comparing your contribution to the club to Simon Garners....he earned the right to have an opinion.

Ive been on here for 8 years and I sure don't remember you prior to the last 2 weeks.......parasite.

You really are a COCK Sparky. This blokes trying hard for our club. Then there's you trying to wee all over his chips. Like i said...COCK!

Agreed Paul M!

At least some people are taking a pro-active attitude to the situation we now find our Club in as opposed to throwing the towel in and thinking it is now just a matter of time before Rover's disappears...

Dan depending on the timescale and depending on the input required I could probably put myself in debt another £1000 to help the fund, but it would be a debt that I would have to shoulder and I assume a lot of other fans would be in a similar predicament.

Good input, and sorry I missed your post, I got distracted there a bit. I've actually been contacted through Wayne by a Janice Parker, Chairperson of the Jubilee Tower Credit Union, who expressed a preliminary interest in possibly offering preferred rates to those who might want to finance their investment in this way, taking out small loans in this range. Her reason being that it fits right in with the Credit Union's advocation of community ownership initiatives. Much better rates than any credit card could offer anyway, and it is encouraging that local intitutions have shown a positive interest even in such a short time.

Please leave your feedback at the data gathering site: http://blackburnfootball.blogspot.com

haha good one. But to be honest 16 000 is unrealistic for a club like rovers, and for an amount like that.

But we only need 8160 people or shareholders to have 51% of the shares and total control over the club, and then all we need to do is to find some rich investors stupid enough to invest money in it without having any influence.

Is it possible to find investors stupid enough to do that? venkys were stupid enough to buy rovers and im certain there is alot more stupid rich people in this world than venkys :P

haha good one. But to be honest 16 000 is unrealistic for a club like rovers, and for an amount like that.

But we only need 8160 people or shareholders to have 51% of the shares and total control over the club, and then all we need to do is to find some rich investors stupid enough to invest money in it without having any influence.

Is it possible to find investors stupid enough to do that? venkys were stupid enough to buy rovers and im certain there is alot more stupid rich people in this world than venkys :P

There are several reasons to want to get involved. There are many high profile Rovers supporters out there, who would rather have this model of investment in place. For one, it is a set level of investment, and they are guaranteed at least some return on investment, which would not be the case if they were part of a consortium that took over the club directly. So no money sucking black hole traps here.

Second, the PR would be great for any potential investor. Imagine if Venkys, for example, had invested in this fund instead of buying the club outright? And as part of that deal we gave them first options on concession contracts and advertising. It would have been win/win. They would have been able to market themselves as part owners of a PL club, gotten their British marketing and operational foothold as they wanted, and we would all be toasting to their chicken sandwiches at the ground and saying how top a company they were for investing in us.

There could be lots of reasons for investing, and good PR and marketing could be one of them. For really big companies, there are marketing campaigns that cost a lot more than a 1/6th stake in the Fund I propose. Do you know how much Coca-Cola spends on advertising, just in the European market alone, for example? A lot more than £26m! Their annual marketing budget approaches £2,000m - it wouldn't even be 2% of their budget.

I'm not saying Coca-Cola is the answer, but I just want to illustrate the immense amounts of money being spent on this kind of thing...

Archived