BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast 23 Issues

J*B

Editor's note:

J*B (Josh) had a few problems with the uploading of this file yesterday, so we had to take it down and start again. To avoid further confusion, I hid this thread while it was being sorted and have started up a new thread here. Please see that for discussion. Also note that the article on the front page was taken down for the same reason and has now been re-published here. We're really sorry about the confusion.

The posts below were made after the initial upload.

Wen Y Hu

Something not right with the edit that I listened to.

Some kind of sound file overlap when Ian starts talking about meeting Balaji at the Arsenal game.

Not sure if it can be fixed so I can listen again tonight while I'm doing the dishes...?

Cheers.

Got the same thing. Downloaded from the link and a few minutes in it's 2 recordings overlapping. Who do I see for a refund?

Confirm there are two different overlapping audio channels after a few minutes. If I listen to it with one earbud it is fine, but the right and left channels are not sync'ed properly.

Guest Wen Y Hu

The podcast is now published to the front page here. Streaming via the link seems to work fine now, so give it a go, but it looks to me like it has about 5 megs to go before completing the process of uploading to the servers, so I'd give it a while yet before downloading to your hard disk.

Big thanks to Ian Battersby for coming on and to the rest of the team this week - Eddie, Glenn, and podcast producer J*B (Josh).

Correction

Err, seems to work fine for about 4 minutes... :blush: Please form a disorderly queue for refunds. Meanwhile we'll look into this.

In the meantime, I have taken down the article on the front page.

The podcast is now published to the front page here. Streaming via the link seems to work fine now, so give it a go, but it looks to me like it has about 5 megs to go before completing the process of uploading to the servers, so I'd give it a while yet before downloading to your hard disk.

Big thanks to Ian Battersby for coming on and to the rest of the team this week - Eddie, Glenn, and podcast producer J*B (Josh).

Thanks, Wen!

Me too. Podcast still overlapping and link doesn't work. Sounds like it should be another good one eventually :-)

I got all the way to 55 minutes when they started talking about the Charitable Investment Fund before I lost the feed in a train tunnel and haven't been able to listen to the rest (I just listened to it with one earbud from my headset and it worked fine) But it is too bad that he clearly hadn't actually read it it properly, or even been to the Fund's website. So it was hard for him to make any real commentary on it other than diplomatically point out all the initial concerns that everyone else has had to it that haven't read it or know that it is a proof of concept, and more than anything else is meant as a starting point. (i.e. way too expensive, hard to get 16,000 supporters, etc.)

Would really have liked to be able to sit down with him and have a conversation about it, I'm sure he will have really good insight, and it may even have been more responsible for you guys to have reached out to me in conjunction with this. It's not like I've been hiding my contact info.

It is a great podcast though, really good insight into what has been/is going on from a very experienced businessman's point of view.

Archived