BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry - thoughts?

I definitely agree referring to someone per their skin colour, national origin is wrong but likewise, if a younger player calls a player 10, 15 years older for example "grand dad", technically, that seems just as bad as is calling someone "fat" and other similar situations yet, someone probably would not be sanctioned for saying some of these things. To me, a player is trying to wind the other up, is moreso "harassing" the opposing player rather than trying to commit an act of discrimination against them. John Terry said profanity too, this is not acceptable but it is going to happen on the pitch when there is an error or one is frustrated but it certainly doesn't need to be done in excess.

Blown out of all proportion,we have ALL at some time said things in the heat of the moment that we have regretted later...nothing but a witch hunt by the Media looking to over sensationlise an incident,a high profile individual who is being made an example of.

That said,Terry would have been better just owning up,shaking hands and apologising giving the owerwhelming evidence.

MOVE ON!

Correct. Sticks and stones. If somebody said something racist to me in the heat of battle as it were I couldn't care less... but I'd give it back somehow and shake hands after 90 mins. Just the way it should be and the way it always has been.

PC Pouffs are trying to control us all. The rest of the world must laugh at us. We are ever so upitty about standards of behaviour yet think it's ever so funny and turn a blind eye when our kids go wild and behave like animals one some Meditteranean island.

I do not condone racism of any sort and like I say Terry is clearly in the wrong here but I really,really hate the baying,self-righteous brigade of the media whores who just know this story will sell papers.

In a nutshell. Thank flerk the red tops don't influence me cos so many fall under their spell so readily.

As many of you know, I have been conducting research on the latest incidents of racism in football and whether this is a new phase or has been present for a number of years. Today (Friday) John Terry has been removed as captain of England ahead of his court appearance in July. I'm interested to know what you think of this and whether Terry should go to the European Championships. I've set up a 3-question survey that will take you less than a minute to complete - just go to: http://www.topfan.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Can somebody ban this stuff? No offence if you are genuine but I feel there will always be a hidden agenda.

What I find astounding is that if Terry is convicted in court his fine will be much much smaller than the one handed out by the FA. I do hope that the inaction by the FA is because of their unwillingness to prejudice criminal proceedings and it will revisit the incident once the trial is over.

What I find astounding is that if Terry is convicted in court his fine will be much much smaller than the one handed out by the FA. I do hope that the inaction by the FA is because of their unwillingness to prejudice criminal proceedings and it will revisit the incident once the trial is over.

I think that's exactly what it is. I found guilty he will get a massive fine and a long ban IMO.

Archived