BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Bond R.I.P

Hanks

He'll always be fondly remembered, by me! He ruined Burnley.

So many wreckless stunts. Flew Kevin Reeves in on corcorde from America to sign, then flew him back! :lol:

He returned to Turf Moor as manager of Shrewsbury, and watched the game in disguise. dressed as a steward! :lol:

Here's a classic doc from his time at City!

Was it Bond who whilst at City paid a British transfer record of something like 1.432m for the rather ordinary Steve Daley from Wolves then 1m for Kevin Reeves who imo was even worse?. The mind still boggles now.

There was a very good interview with Steve Daley on Talksport recently. He was rung in the middle of the night to be told of City's interest.

The conversation went something like:

"Is that Steve Daley?"

"If it's not my wife's in bed with someone else!"

Next morning, Daley had to borrow £20 off the Club Secretary to put petrol in his car to drive from the Midlands to Manchester.

How times change.

No Revidge it was Malcolm Allison who was in charge when they signed Daley. He always blamed Peter Swales for paying well over the odds for him..

Thanks. I've actually just watched the first part of that City video and spotted Daley on there. That video is absolute gold.

Big Mal was right about big Joe Corrigan being at fault for two of the goals as well imo! Bit naughty of the reporter to go running to big Joe stirring it up though!

:lol:

Was it Bond who whilst at City paid a British transfer record of something like 1.432m for the rather ordinary Steve Daley from Wolves then 1m for Kevin Reeves who imo was even worse?. The mind still boggles now.

There was a very good interview with Steve Daley on Talksport recently. He was rung in the middle of the night to be told of City's interest.

The conversation went something like:

"Is that Steve Daley?"

"If it's not my wife's in bed with someone else!"

Next morning, Daley had to borrow £20 off the Club Secretary to put petrol in his car to drive from the Midlands to Manchester.

How times change.

True you'd never get from the Midlands to Manchester on £20 of petrol these days.

RIP JB

Archived