BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship Dream Team

Stuart

With one eye on Rover's January transfer window, who would be in your Championship Best XI?

Who from Rovers would keep his place, i.e. who would perform better with better players around him?

To keep some semblance of reality, I suggest no more than two players from the same team - unless already at Rovers.

Almunia (Watford)

Henley

Givet

Hudson (Cardiff)

Konchesky (Leicester)

Ince (Blackpool)

Murphy

Vukcevic

Zaha (Palace)

Rhodes

Best

It's possible even some of these players are out of our league - feel free to suggest an alternative!

I thought about playing with 12 - especially under Berg but decided it wasn't sporting. ;)

So not a single Rover, eh?

I put in Hudson then went back to centre backs after doing the easier attack first. Sorry about that.

No I wouldn't put in a single Rover. Attacking wise, I think Austin and Bellamy are both better than Rhodes. There's maybe a space instead of Will Hughes but our central midfield is very poor. Our defence and goalkeeper too.

With one eye on Rover's January transfer window, who would be in your Championship Best XI?

Who from Rovers would keep his place, i.e. who would perform better with better players around him?

To keep some semblance of reality, I suggest no more than two players from the same team - unless already at Rovers.

Almunia (Watford)

Henley

Givet

Hudson (Cardiff)

Konchesky (Leicester)

Ince (Blackpool)

Murphy

Vukcevic

Zaha (Palace)

Rhodes

Best

It's possible even some of these players are out of our league - feel free to suggest an alternative!

Almunia is awful. I think Murphy is just past it, and though I've not really seen Best yet, I doubt we are packing the two best strikers in the league. That said, not sure how Rhodes and Austin would play together.

Butland

M olsson

Givet

Hudson

Parr

Mceachran

Whittingham

Buckley

Zaha

Austin

Bellamy

Subs:

Kenny

Konchesky

Mcgugan

O hara

Ince

Best

Rhodes

Partly a realistic guess, partly just players i like, likely bias towards rovers players

Fair play in trying to make it realistic but I don't think Martin Olsson is the best left back at Rovers let alone the league.

Almunia is awful. I think Murphy is just past it, and though I've not really seen Best yet, I doubt we are packing the two best strikers in the league. That said, not sure how Rhodes and Austin would play together.
I think Murphy would be great with a spritely midfield partner and two willing wingers.

Despite our shabbles of a team, Rhodes is still something like 5th highest goalscorer in the league. Imagine if we were doing well.

As for Best, if I was writing the cheques in January to strengthen I'd be thinking we already had a new signing on his way back who, on paper at least, should do very well in this league.

I await confirmation of Berg's departure but I think there is something that a new manager could do with this squad, with half a dozen changes.

A decent manager that is.

Archived