BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where is David Dunn ?

Waggy76

Dunn was an important part of Rovers promotion to the prem and has had some good years since then under Souness, Hughes and Allardyce. Not sure where all the hate and personal attacks on his character come from. If he does retire after this season I hope he would be given a standing applause and shown some respect rather than be slagged off as a leech as some are suggesting he is.

As this thread shows, Dunny has always had a lot of critics on the terraces, pretty much from day 1. Something about being a local lad doesn't sit we'll with some fans. Jealousy perhaps.

Not the smartest lad, bags of talent, and never wanted anything more than to play for his local club.

Disagree with the criticism he's getting in this thread. I can understand its massively frustrating to have a player who's injured so often but its not his fault and comparisons to Grella are wide of the mark in my opinion. Grella never contributed anything to this club and was here for 4 years because one rubbish manager wanted him. Dunn was one of the best midfielders in England from 2000-03, and again showed his sheer quality in 2009-10. He's here because he's a rare commodity, a central midfielder who can beat players and score goals. Thats the reason successive regimes have took the risk of offering him a new contract, and maybe this contract should be his last but to be honest I can see why they did it and I've pretty much agreed each time it got renewed. You only had to watch the first 30 minutes of our home game against Sheff Wed, where we dominated possession and played with a fluidity rarely seen this season, basically because Dunn was on the pitch. What he can do has always tantilisingly been worth the risk, in our current squad him and Rhodes are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of ability.

As this thread shows, Dunny has always had a lot of critics on the terraces, pretty much from day 1. Something about being a local lad doesn't sit we'll with some fans. Jealousy perhaps.

Not the smartest lad, bags of talent, and never wanted anything more than to play for his local club.

I see it as the opposite. He has got away with far too much because he's local

Archived